November 11th, 2014 at 6:13pm CST by Zachary Links
We’ll keep track of today’s workouts and visits here..
- The Colts worked out notable kick returner Josh Cribbs, according to ESPN.com’s Field Yates (on Twitter). Cribbs is the NFL’s all-time co-leader in kickoff returns for touchdowns with eight.
- The Titans worked out former Packers first round pick Derek Sherrod, Yates tweets. The offensive tackle was cut by the Packers late last month.
- The Panthers also auditioned Sherrod and Kevin Greene, Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post tweets.
- Defensive tackle Fred Evans tried out for the Seahawks, according to Howard Balzer of USA Today (on Twitter).
- The Saints tried out safeties M.D. Jennings and Kenny Phillips, according to Balzer (on Twitter). Jamarca Sanford was signed earlier today, so Jennings and Phillips probably won’t be coming to New Orleans.
- The Saints also auditioned running backs Andre Brown, Tim Hightower, Mikel LeShoure, and Rutgers alum Brian Leonard, according to Yates (via Mike Triplett on Twitter).
- The Packers looked at defensive tackle Kenny Horsley, safety Kimario McFadden, and linebacker Chaz Sutton, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Falcons are working out former Utah State center Tyler Larsen today, a league source tells Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post (on Twitter).
- The Dolphins worked out Jonte Green, Wilson tweets.
- The Seahawks worked out running backs Johri Fogerson, Stanley Havili, and Karl Williams, Wilson tweets.
- The Titans worked out tight end Dorin Dickerson today, Wilson tweets. The Titans removed him from the IR with an injury settlement in August.
August 30th, 2014 at 7:22pm CST by Ben Levine
Two (now) former Raiders, defensive end Jack Crawford and tight end Jake Murphy, revealed last night that they didn’t make the 53-man roster. It took up until now to discover the rest of the team’s moves, as the Raiders officially announced their transactions in a press release this evening.
Perhaps the most surprising move was the release of wide receiver Greg Little. The 25-year-old was claimed from the Browns, where he spent his first three seasons, in May. The former second-rounder has seen at least 90 targets per season since entering the league, but has never finished with more than 61 receptions.
The rest of the team’s moves are below:
- George Atkinson III, RB
- Denico Autry, DE
- Chance Casey, CB
- Jack Cornell, OT
- Carlos Fields, LB
- Bojay Filimoeatu, LB
- Spencer Hadley, LB
- Dan Kistler, OT
- Erle Ladson, OT
- Greg Little, WR
- Ricky Lumpkin, DT
- Lamar Mady, OG
- Seth Roberts, WR
- Ryan Robinson, DE
- Brandian Ross, S
- Jarrod Shaw, OL
- Scott Simonson, TE
- Jeremy Stewart, RB
- Giorgio Tavecchio, K
- Karl Williams, FB
May 18th, 2014 at 9:36pm CST by Luke Adams
SUNDAY, 9:36pm: The Raiders have brought in another undrafted free agent, Utah State LB Bojay Filimoeatu, per Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post (on Twitter).
FRIDAY, 12:54pm: The Raiders have become the last of the 32 NFL teams to formally announce their rookie free agent signings, revealing in a press release that they’ve added 11 undrafted players to the roster. Here’s the list of the newest Raiders:
- George Atkinson III, RB, Notre Dame
- D.J. Coles, WR, Virginia Tech
- Mike Davis, WR, Texas
- Carlos Fields, LB, Winston-Salem State
- Noel Grigsby, WR, San Jose State
- Dan Kistler, OT, Montana ($12.5K bonus, per Aaron Wilson)
- Erle Ladson, OT, Delaware
- Jake Murphy, TE, Utah
- Seth Roberts, WR, West Alabama
- Scott Simonson, TE, Assumption
- Karl Williams, FB, Utah