In case you missed it, here’s a look back at the best of our original content over the last week:
- In 1995, the Falcons acquired running back/wide receiver Eric Metcalf from the Browns. As Sam Robinson explains, that trade wound up impacting the NFL for years to come.
- How much would a Denzel Ward extension cost the Browns? On Sunday, Rory Parks took a deeper dive to see where he might land in comparison to Jalen Ramsey.
- Tony Romo retired in early 2017, but it was a little more complicated than that. The Cowboys actually released their longtime star quarterback, at his request, leading to speculation that he could someday return in a different uniform. Recently, we took a look back at Romo’s unique departure.
- Remember that time Brandin Cooks got traded? No, not that time…not that one either. We’re talking about the most recent of the three, the deal that sent him from the Rams to the Texans.
- It wasn’t a big deal at the time, but the Packers’ re-up of tight end Robert Tonyan proved to be a difference-maker, Ben Levine explains.
- Was Zach Wilson‘s stellar 2020 season an indication of what’s to come? Here’s the scoop on the BYU star, who seems destined to go to the Jets at No. 2 overall.
- Ja’Marr Chase may wind up as the first wide receiver selected, but that doesn’t mean Jaylen Waddle is chopped liver. Here’s what to expect from the Alabama speedster, who has been compared to Tyreek Hill.
- The 49ers have plenty of quality quarterback options at No. 3 overall. Among them: North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, a gifted athlete who hardly played in 2020.
- Don’t tell them no. Tell them how much it’ll cost. Is that the 49ers’ philosophy with Jimmy Garoppolo? PFR readers seem to think so, based on our recent poll. However, most of you don’t think that Jimmy G will be the next QB to get traded this offseason.