- The Jaguars locked up one of their young stars to a long-term deal, inking wide receiver Allen Hurns to a four-year, $40MM extension that will keep him in Jacksonville through the 2020 campaign.
- Defensive back Walter Thurmond officially decided to retire at the age of 28 after a six-year NFL career with the Seahawks, Giants, and Eagles.
- The Bears are unlikely to reach an extension with wide receiver Alshon Jeffery this summer, meaning he’ll likely play out the 2016 season under the franchise tag.
- Dolphins safety Reshad Jones is considering sitting out the entire 2016 season if Miami isn’t willing to sign him to a new contract.
- Nick Foles is not attending Rams camp, and he’s reportedly unhappy with his role on the team, sparking rumors that he could be dealt.
Free Agent Rumors:
- The Jets are reportedly offering Ryan Fitzpatrick a three-year deal worth $24MM, with $12MM available in 2016. The veteran quarterback would prefer a one-year, $12MM contract, but New York isn’t interested in that option, though the club does have some concern that Fitzpatrick could take less money to play elsewhere.
- Edge rusher Dwight Freeney is “95%” certain he will continue playing in 2016, although he probably won’t be seeing action with the Falcons, who apparently won’t sign Freeney (at least right now).
- Arian Foster isn’t yet at full health, and he’ll likely wait until the end of July before working out for teams and/or signing a new deal.
- Free agent running back Joique Bell says he has two or three offers on the table.
- The Dolphins are not considering free agent defensive backs Leon Hall and Antonio Cromartie, nor running back Knowshon Moreno.
- The Redskins could be in the market for a running back, and a reunion with Pierre Thomas is possible.