The Saints are one of the first teams after the 2022 NFL Draft to officially announce their undrafted free agent class. Here’s New Orleans’ full list:
- Dai’Jean Dixon, WR (Nicholls State)
- Sage Doxtater, OL (New Mexico State)
- Joel Dublanko, LB (Cincinnati)
- DaMarcus Fields, CB (Texas Tech)
- Vincent Gray, CB (Michigan)
- Lewis Kidd, OL (Montana State)
- Jack Koerner, DB (Iowa)
- Lucas Krull, TE (Pittsburgh)
- Smoke Monday, S (Auburn) ($120,000 guaranteed, according to PFF’s Doug Kyed)
- Isaiah Pryor, LB (Ohio State)
- John Parker Romo, K (Virginia Tech)
- Derek Schweiger, OL (Iowa State)
- Nephi Sewell, LB (Utah)
- Rashid Shaheed, WR (Weber State) ($222,000 guaranteed, according to Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network)
- Abram Smith, RB (Baylor) ($222,000 guaranteed, according to Wilson)
- Daniel Whelan, P (UC-Davis)
- Eric Wilson, OL (Penn State)
New Orleans only had five draft picks after having to forfeit a sixth-round pick due to COVID-19 violations, so their UDFA class was going to be important for adding depth.
After seeing Marcus Williams depart for Baltimore in free agency, the Saints were seeking some depth at safety. After failing to address the position in the Draft, the team has reportedly picked up its pursuit of free agent Tyrann Mathieu. They also signed some UDFAs with safety potential for some cheaper depth options.
They were able to nab some quality names like Monday and Pryor and managed to bring in some camp competition for kicker Wil Lutz and punter Blake Gillikin.