November 5th, 2017 at 6:04pm CST by GregGoldstein
Today’s workout updates, with all links going to veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer’s Twitter account unless otherwise noted:
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
October 18th, 2017 at 8:06pm CST by GregGoldstein
Today’s workout updates, with all links going to veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer’s Twitter:
- DE Ricky Ali’ifua; TE Anthony Firkser; DT Nigel Williams, FB Malcolm Johnson; LB Kevin Snyder (link)
Green Bay Packers
- CB Josh Thornton; RB Marquez Williams (link)
Los Angeles Chargers
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
August 2nd, 2017 at 5:30pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
Wednesday’s minor NFL transactions:
- The Seahawks waived long snapper Nolan Frese, who appeared in all 16 of their regular-season games a year ago. An ankle injury kept the then-rookie out of action for the Seahawks’ two playoff contests, and Tyler Ott took over in Frese’s stead. Ott will again grab the reins with Frese out of the picture.
- The Jaguars added running back Tyler Gaffney, who’s on his third club since Carolina used a sixth-round pick on him in 2014. The ex-Stanford rusher hadn’t caught on anywhere since New England cut him in March, which wasn’t the first time the Patriots parted with him. Gaffney was with the Pats in each of the previous three summers, though he failed to crack their season-opening roster in any of those years. He vacillated between the Pats’ active roster and practice squad last season.
- The Panthers signed cornerback Devonte Johnson and waived wide receiver Cameron Posey. Johnson signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in May 2016, and the former Weber State corner went on to spend time on their practice squad last year. He then had a brief stint with the Steelers this offseason. Posey, meanwhile, had only been a Panther since mid-June. He joined them as an undrafted free agent from Purdue.
- The Buccaneers signed wide receiver Shaq Hill and waived recently added rookie wideout Jhajuan Seales. Hill was a Texan for a short period during the spring, when he signed with them as an undrafted free agent out of Eastern Washington. Seales will now look for his third team since going undrafted from Oklahoma State. He initially signed with the Bears, who cut him, and then hooked on with the Bucs this past weekend. The union proved to be fleeting.
- The Colts signed offensive tackle and Arturo Uzdavinis and waived fellow OT Jerry Ugokwe. Uzdavinis is up to his sixth club since he went undrafted from Tulane a year ago, having previously been with the Texans, Bears, Jaguars, Lions and Vikings. Ugokwe’s time with the Colts is up after nearly three months. The undrafted rookie from William & Mary inked a deal with them May 4.
- The Eagles cut cornerback Randall Goforth after reaching an injury settlement. Goforth, a rookie UDFA from UCLA, suffered a season-ending ACL tear last week.
January 3rd, 2017 at 8:53pm CST by Zachary Links
Tuesday’s minor moves:
- The Lions have signed offensive lineman Garrett Reynolds and promoted cornerback Adairius Barnes from the practice squad, as Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com tweets. They’ll replace offensive tackle Corey Robinson (foot) and cornerback Asa Jackson (ankle), who were put on IR. To fill Barnes’ vacated spot on the practice squad, the team signed O-lineman Jason Weaver, a source told Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter).
- The Chiefs have signed outside linebacker Victor Ochi off the Jets’ practice squad and placed linebacker Dadi Nicolas on IR, tweets Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star. Ochi will now go from a team whose season is over to one with a first-round playoff bye.
- The Seahawks have signed long snapper Tyler Ott, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times (Twitter link). Ott will take over for Nolan Frese, who’s done for the season because of an ankle injury. Elsewhere on the roster, Seattle will waive safety Tyvis Powell to make room for new addition Devin Hester, per ESPN’s Adam Caplan (Twitter link).
June 28th, 2016 at 4:33pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Seahawks signed rookie long snapper Nolan Frese on Tuesday and released linebacker Khairi Fortt, as PFT’s Zac Jackson writes. They also waived receiver Jeff Fuller from injured reserve, making him a free agent, tweets the Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta. Frese tried out for the Seahawks on Monday and he’s now expected to vie with Drew Ferris for the team’s long-snapping job. Fortt, who has bounced around on different practice squads in recent years, appeared in three games for the Jaguars in 2014. Fuller, undrafted from Texas A&M in 2012, signed with the Seahawks in February. He previously spent time on the Dolphins’ practice squad and in the Canadian Football League.