September 5th, 2015 at 4:09pm CST by Sam Robinson
Sen’Derrick Marks avoided the physically unable to perform list to start the season when the Jaguars moved him to their active roster. The team also cut its roster down to 53 players, writes John Oehser of Jaguars.com.
The Jags’ leading sacker last season, Marks spent the preseason on the PUP list after tearing his ACL in Week 17 of last season.
Accompanying Jacksonville’s cuts, the team placed Ziggy Hood on injured reserve.
The Jaguars’ cuts are as follows:
- Richard Ash, DT
- Nordly Capi, DE
- Kasey Closs, WR
- Will Corbin, OL
- Jeremiah George, LB
- Connor Hamlett, TE
- Jeremy Harris, CB
- Ikponmwosa Igbinosun, DE
- Storm Johnson, RB
- Ben Koyack, TE
- Erik Lora, WR
- Craig Loston, S
- Stephen Morris, QB
- Austin Pasztor, OL
- Chris Reed, G
- Rashaad Reynolds, CB
- Neal Sterling, WR
- Todd Thomas, LB
- Peyton Thompson, CB
- Tony Washington, WR
August 24th, 2015 at 6:27pm CST by Luke Adams
Here are Monday’s minor signings, cuts, and other transactions from around the NFL:
- The Patriots waived Brian Tyms, who will revert to their IR (foot injury) if he goes unclaimed, Mike Reiss of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Lions waived/injured linebacker Kevin Snyder, Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Bears made a change on their offensive line today, signing former Raiders guard Lucas Nix to a one-year contract and waiving offensive lineman Jason Weaver with an injury designation (Twitter link). Nix, who started 10 games for Oakland in 2013, worked out for Chicago earlier in the month.
- The Dolphins have waived wide receiver Michael Preston, the team announced today (via Twitter). Preston himself broke word of the move yesterday, with a tweet thanking the club for the opportunity.
- The Eagles have added one safety to their roster and removed another, signing Brandan Bishop and reaching an injury settlement with Earl Wolff (Twitter links via agent David Canter and Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer). Wolff, a 2013 fifth-round pick, will become a free agent as he recovers from his knee surgery. The Eagles also waived/injured defensive tackle Wade Keliikipi, who suffered a Lisfranc foot injury this weekend, replacing him with defensive tackle Jeremy Towns (Twitter links).
- The Falcons have parted ways with 2014 fifth-rounder Marquis Spruill, placing him on waivers today, according to Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Spruill, whose rookie season was wiped out by a torn ACL, never played a regular-season down for Atlanta.
- The Giants formally announced several moves today, including the signing of veteran linebacker Ashlee Palmer, who started 15 games over the last two seasons in Detroit. The club also signed rookie defensive back C.J. Conway, and waived/injured safety Justin Currie (ankle) and linebacker Tony Johnson (knee).
- The Jaguars announced a series of moves today (via Twitter and press release), adding wide receiver Erik Lora, linebacker Mister Alexander, and offensive lineman Will Corbin to their roster. The outgoing players are receiver Damian Copeland (waived/injured), offensive lineman Brennan Williams (waived/injured), and wideout Arrelious Benn (placed on IR).
- The Panthers have waived/injured defensive end Frank Alexander, signing tight end Dallas Walker to replace him on the roster, the team announced today (Twitter link). Alexander, who sustained a torn Achilles, is in the final year of his contract, so Carolina isn’t worried about another team claiming him.
- The Saints‘ tight end carousel continues, as the club is cutting Michael Egnew just a week after signing him, per Kristian Garic of WWL 870AM (Twitter link).
- The Seahawks have cut defensive back Jeremy Crayton, using the newly-created roster spot to re-sign wide receiver DeShon Foxx, tweets Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
- The Jets signed tight end Matt LaCosse and waived/injured defensive lineman Davon Walls, Brian Costello of the New York Post tweets.
July 27th, 2015 at 8:39pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor NFL moves and signings..
- The Jets are signing former University of Arizona wide receiver Austin Hill, a source tells Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News (on Twitter). Hill participated in both the Jets’ and Raiders’ rookie minicamp. Hill initially signed with the Seahawks as a UDFA this year but he did not pass his physical.
- The Browns cut undrafted former West Georgia defensive lineman Tory Slater, according to a source who spoke with Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post. After healing up from a hamstring injury, Slater was cut from a Browns team that has several defensive linemen ahead of him on the depth chart.
- Washington announced the signing of undrafted free agent running back Mack Brown, John Keim of ESPN.com tweets. Brown appeared in 49 career games at Florida across the 2010-14 seasons, gaining 805 career yards on 210 rushing attempts with four rushing touchdowns. Last season, he appeared in all 12 games for Florida and served as a key member of the Gators’ special teams unit.
- The Colts announced that they have signed offensive tackle Matt Hall and waived guard Will Corbin. Hall, 6-9, 326 pounds, re-joins the Colts after spending the 2014 season on Indianapolis’ IR list.
- The Eagles waived running back Matthew Tucker with a non-football injury designation, Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets. Tucker originally signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2013 and spent the 2014 season on the taxi squad.
- The Bears are signing Arena League wide receiver/kick returner A.J. Cruz, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today (on Twitter). The Brown product previously played for the Arizona Rattlers.
- The Dolphins announced that they have waived wide receiver Nigel King, according to James Walker of ESPN.com (on Twitter).
May 26th, 2015 at 4:03pm CST by Luke Adams
Here are Tuesday’s minor transactions from around the NFL, with any additional moves added to the top of the list throughout the evening:
- The Colts announced a series of roster moves today, adding free agent cornerback Chance Casey and undrafted guard Will Corbin. In a corresponding transaction, the club waived-injured cornerback Joshua Mitchell, who will revert to IR if he clears waivers. Casey saw some regular season action over the last two years with the Raiders, and also spent time with the Niners.
- Undrafted rookie free agent Zach D’Orazio signed with the Patriots today, a league source tells Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post. The former Akron wideout informed Cleveland broadcaster John Telich (Twitter link) yesterday that he’d be signing with New England.
- The Browns have waived a pair of players who spent time on the team’s practice squad in 2014, according to a team release. Linebacker Keith Pough and defensive lineman Calvin Barnett were both cut, with Pough receiving an injury designation (hamstring).
- Defensive lineman Daryl Waud, who signed with Washington last week following a tryout, has been waived with a left squad designation, the club announced today (Twitter link). Waud is expected to join the CFL’s Toronto Argonauts after clearing waivers.