The Jaguars have signed their third-round pick, defensive end Dawuane Smoot, per a team announcement. The signing of Smoot means the Jaguars have locked up their entire seven-player draft class.
Smoot, the 68th overall selection, is coming off a four-year career at Illinois that saw him rack up 38.5 tackles for loss and 15.5 sacks. Now, the 6-foot-3, 264-pounder will act as depth as part of an impressive defensive end group that includes offseason signing Calais Campbell, Dante Fowler and Yannick Ngakoue, who combined for 20 sacks last year.
Here’s a look at the rest of Jacksonville’s 2017 draft class:
- 1-4: Leonard Fournette, RB (LSU)
- 2-34: Cam Robinson, T (Alabama)
- 4-110: Dede Westbrook, WR (Oklahoma)
- 5-148: Blair Brown, LB (Ohio)
- 7-222: Jalen Myrick, CB (Minnesota)
- 7-240: Marquez Williams, FB (Miami)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.