10:50am: The Titans have released eight players in advance of tomorrow’s cutdown deadline, reports Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean (and on Twitter). In addition to the following players, linebacker Colin McCarthy and offensive lineman Gabe Ikard will be removed from Tennessee’s roster after season-ending surgeries (either through an injury settlement, or by being placed on IR, in my estimation).
The Titans have officially announced their 13 rookie free agent signings, and Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com has the details. Here’s the complete list of undrafted players signing with Tennessee:
- Ri’Shard Anderson, CB, Syracuse ($3K bonus, per Kuharsky)
- Antonio Andrews, RB, Western Kentucky ($10K bonus)
- Travis Coons, K, Washington ($5K bonus)
- James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech ($15K bonus)
- Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma ($10K bonus)
- Justin McCray, G, Central Florida ($2.5K bonus)
- Jamal Merrell, LB, Rutgers
- Jaz Reynolds, WR, Oklahoma
- Hakeem Smith, S, Louisville
- Josh Stewart, WR, Oklahoma State
- Derel Walker, WR, Texas A&M
- Eric Ward, WR, Texas Tech
- David Wright, TE, Westminster
The Buccaneers are currently carrying three quarterbacks on their roster, but with the club expected to add another one in next Thursday’s draft, one of those three could be on the move. ESPN.com’s Adam Caplan indicated on WDAE 620 AM in Tampa Bay this week that, while the Bucs have denied shopping Mike Glennon, Caplan thinks he’s “as good as gone” (link via Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune).
“It’s obvious to me and people around the league that [the Bucs] are going to try to move him,” Caplan said.
Following up on his comments, via Twitter, Caplan suggested he doesn’t think Tampa Bay should move Glennon unless the team can land a third-round pick in return, given the 24-year-old’s impressive rookie season.
Here’s more on the Bucs and a few more NFC and AFC South clubs:
- Ian Rapoport of NFL.com suggests (via Twitter) that the Buccaneers will likely be open to moving down in the draft. As Rapoport notes, Bucs GM Jason Licht previously worked under Bill Belichick, who has made a habit of trading down.
- Free agent tight end Bear Pascoe is meeting with and working out for the Falcons today, according to Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports (via Twitter). The 28-year-old spent the first five years of his NFL career with the Giants.
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com gives the Titans a grade of C for their moves in free agency, which included signing linebacker Wesley Woodyard and offensive tackle Michael Oher, as well as letting cornerback Alterraun Verner walk.
- Wide receivers Brian Robiskie and Jheranie Boyd are participating in the Titans‘ minicamp on a tryout basis, tweets ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky.
- He won’t be drafted as high as fellow Louisville safety Calvin Pryor, but Hakeem Smith was a four-time All-Conference selection and had private workouts with the Titans and Falcons, writes Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post.
- The Texans and Jaguars are among the teams that have expressed interest in Wake Forest quarterback Tanner Price, a source tells Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (Twitter link). According to Wilson, the Ravens, Bears, and Dolphins are a few other clubs with interest.