Today’s minor moves:
- The Browns have promoted defensive lineman Gabe Wright to the active roster, reports Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal (via Twitter). The former fourth-round pick was previously waived by the Lions after only one season with the team.
- The Titans announced that they have signed cornerback Cody Riggs back to the team’s active roster and waived quarterback Alex Tanney. Riggs, who played in 11 games for the Titans last season, was cut late last week after initially making the 53-man roster. Riggs totaled 14 tackles, two passes defensed, and one forced fumble in 2015.
- The Redskins released center Austin Reiter, according to John Keim of ESPN.com (on Twitter). The former seventh-rounder was cut to make room for defensive end Cullen Jenkins, who signed with the team earlier today.
- The Packers reached an injury settlement with Kyle Steuck, as Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Texans waived rookie fullback Soma Vainuku from injured reserve, as Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Cowboys have reached an injury settlement with defensive end Mike McAdoo, reports Wilson (via Twitter). The former North Carolina standout has previously spent time in the Canadian Football League.
- The Jaguars have waived safety Marqueston Huff, according to Wilson (via Twitter). The former fourth-rounder was previously claimed off waivers from the Titans after being handed a one-game suspension.
- The Jets have cut tight end Braedon Bowman, reports Wilson (via Twitter). The undrafted rookie was inactive during this past week’s loss to the Bengals. The spot will presumably go to Sheldon Richardson, who was suspended for the first game of the season.