September 3rd, 2016 at 6:42pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
The Saints have now announced their full list of transactions that bring them down to 53 players.
Placed on IR:
Barnes signed with the Saints last Sunday, meaning his stay in New Orleans lasted less than a week. In 11 NFL seasons, the 34-year-old has seen action in more than 150 games (117 starts) with the Jaguars and Raiders. Barnes lost his starting job in Oakland last season, but still appeared in 14 games.
August 30th, 2016 at 5:15pm CST by Zachary Links
We’ve had quite a busy day as teams worked feverishly to get under the 75-man roster maximum before the afternoon deadline. Here are the rest of the roster moves made so far:
- The Packers have released punter Tim Masthay to make room for fellow punter Jacob Schum, whom they claimed on waivers from the Buccaneers, Tom Silverstein of the Journal-Sentinel tweets.
- The Browns have signed punter Michael Palardy and waived free safety Tim Scott, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon-Journal tweets. Palardy will battle it out with new acquisition Kasey Redfern.
announced that they have claimed defensive tackle Bruce Gaston
off waivers from the Chargers
. The Purdue product has played with five teams to date. Philadelphia also signed defensive end Jake Metz
, according to a team announcement. Metz previously played with the Arena League’s Philadelphia Soul.
- The Buccaneers moved guard J.R. Sweezy and receiver Louis Murphy to the PUP list, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times tweets. In related moves, linebacker Jeremiah George and safety Kimario McFadden have been re-signed.
- Contrary to previous reports, the Saints are not cutting linebacker Jeff Schoettmer (Twitter link via Josh Katzenstein of The Times-Picayune).
- The Steelers have moved their roster to 75 men by waiving safety Jacob Hagen, defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler and cornerback Kevin White, the club announced.
- The Colts had one open roster spot, and they’ve filled by signing safety Alden Darby, per a team announcement.
- The Bears have waived rookie cornerback Kevin Peterson, tweets Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
August 29th, 2016 at 8:43pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The Saints haven’t officially announced their roster cuts tonight, but Nick Underhill and Joel Erickson of the Advocate have rounded up the club’s moves (unless noted otherwise). By our count, these transaction leave the Saints with 77 players on their roster, meaning they’ll need to make three more moves before 3pm CT Tuesday.
- Reggie Bell, WR
- Jared Dangerfield, WR
- Kaleb Eulls, G
- Jamal Golden, S
- Chris Highland, LS
- Sione Houma, RB
- Dillon Lee, LB
- Cyril Lemon, G
- Jeff Schoettmer, LB
- Jimmy Pruitt, DB (Twitter link via Kristian Garic of WWL 870)
May 2nd, 2016 at 8:13pm CST by Zachary Links
The Saints have announced the signing of 19 undrafted rookie free agents. The full list of Saints UDFAs is below: