Here are Wednesday’s practice squad signings and cuts from around the NFL, with the latest moves added to the list throughout the day:
- Signed: RB LaDarius Perkins (press release via team), LB Amarlo Herrera (Twitter link via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle)
New England Patriots
- Signed: LB Kevin Snyder (link via Dan Duggan of NJ.com)
- Cut: WR Austin Hill, DT Kelcy Quarles (Twitter link via Doug Kyed of NESN.com)
New Orleans Saints
- Signed: WR Shane Wynn (Twitter link via Evan Woodbery of NOLA.com)
San Diego Chargers
It hasn’t been a very active day, but there was one player cut. Here is where we will round up all of today’s minor signings, cuts, and other moves, should they come:
- The Steelers have cut tight end Ray Hamilton from the injured reserve, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter).
The Steelers added one player to their roster today, acquiring Josh Scobee in a trade with the Jaguars, but most of the day’s transactions for the team involve removing players onto reserve lists, or cutting them from the team entirely.
Here are the rest of the moves completed today by Pittsburgh in order to get the roster down to 75 players, according to the club’s transactions log:
Placed on reserve/PUP list:
- T Mike Adams
Placed on injured reserve:
- CB Senquez Golson
- K Garrett Hartley
- TE Cameron Clear
- DE Niko Davis
- TE Ray Hamilton
- G Miles Dieffenbach
- WR Kenzel Doe
- WR C.J. Goodwin
- RB Braylon Heard
- DE Joe Kruger
- DT Joe Okafor
- OL Collin Rahrig
- CB Jordan Sullen
- T Kevin Whimpey
- S Ian Wild
We rounded up some of the minor signings and moves in the NFL earlier today. Below, we’ll round up the very latest..
- The Bills are signing former Eastern Michigan running back Bronson Hill, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. Hill should provide Buffalo with more depth as they get set to install a run-heavy offense. To make room, the Bills cut defensive end Erik Williams, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Colts were awarded cornerback Tevin Mitchel off waivers from Washington and waived safety Robert Smith to make room for him, Wilson tweets.
- The Steelers waived-injured Rob Blanchflower and claimed tight end Ray Hamilton off waivers from the Cowboys, Wilson tweets.
- The Patriots announced today that they have signed offensive lineman Mark Asper and tight end Mason Brodine. To make room, offensive lineman Harland Gunn has been let go. Asper, 29, originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick by the Bills in 2012.
- The Cardinals waived/injured guard John Fullington (knee) and released tight end Ted Bolser, Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com tweets.
- The 49ers have waived/injured offensive lineman Ben Gottschalk, Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group tweets.
- The Saints waived defensive end Glenn Foster with a failed physical designation, Mike Triplett of ESPN.com tweets. To fill his spot, New Orleans inked undrafted rookie cornerback Travis Manning.
Here are Thursday’s minor transactions from around the NFL, with the latest moves added to the top of the page throughout the day:
- The Broncos have re-signed nose tackle Sione Fua for another stint in Denver, per Troy Renck of the Denver Post (Twitter link). The former third-round pick, who played for Cleveland last season, last spent time with the Broncos in 2013. Denver waived punter Karl Schmitz in a corresponding move. The Broncos have also reached an injury settlement with rookie offensive tackle Connor Rains, removing him from their IR, tweets Mike Klis of 9News.
- The Buccaneers have signed former Arena League quarterback Sammuel Lamur, the team announced today in a press release. Lamur, the brother of Bengals linebacker Emmanuel Lamur, will be moved to linebacker in Bucs camp.
- The Titans have made a change in their secondary, signing safety Josh Aubrey and waiving safety Cody Prewitt with an injured designation, per a team release.
- The Cowboys swapped one tight end for another this week, signing Brandon Barden and cutting Ray Hamilton, tweets Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. As Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post tweets, the club also moved linebacker Justin Anderson and offensive lineman Reshod Fortenberry to its injured reserve list.
- Patriots tight end A.J. Derby and Eagles outside linebacker Travis Long landed on their respective teams’ injured reserve lists after going unclaimed on waivers, according to Wilson (via Twitter).
- The Panthers have moved retired offensive tackle Jonathan Martin from the reserve/retired list to the reserve/did not report list, tweets Wilson.
The Cowboys’ ballyhooed acquisition of La’el Collins will overshadow the remainder of the team’s undrafted free agent contingent. But 14 additional players joined the would-be first-rounder in signing with the Cowboys, per ESPN.com’s Todd Archer.
- Synjyn Days, RB, Georgia Tech
- George Farmer, WR, USC ($55K of contract guaranteed; $15K signing bonus; $40K guaranteed base salary, according to the USA Today’s Tom Pelissero on Twitter)
- Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor
- Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston
- Ray Hamilton, TE, Iowa
- Nick Harwell, WR, Kansas
- Shane McDermott, C, Miami ($5K signing bonus, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun)
- Daniel Quave, OT, Louisiana-Lafayette ($1.500 guaranteed signing bonus, per Wilson on Twitter)
- Joel Ross, CB, Appalachian State
- Tim Scott, S, North Carolina
- Jameill Showers, QB, UTEP
- Jason Wilson, CB, Central Michigan
- Ray Vinopal, S, Pittsburgh ($2K signing bonus, tweets Wilson)
- Lucky Whitehead, WR, Florida Atlantic