Here are today’s minor signings, cuts, and other moves:
- The Chiefs signed defensive backs Keith Lewis and Deveron Carr to reserve/futures contracts, as Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle notes (via Twitter). Teams still alive in the postseason like the Chiefs are free to sign futures deals, but can’t do them yet for players on their practice squad.
- The Eagles have signed tight end Chris Pantale, who spend most of the season on the team’s practice squad, to a reserve/futures contract, tweets Wilson.
- The Dolphins have signed offensive lineman Charles Tuaau to a reserve/futures deal, tweets Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. Tuaau, an undrafted rookie in 2015, spent the summer with the Chiefs but didn’t make the team’s regular-season roster.
- The Patriots cut guard Torrian Wilson and re-signed wide receiver DeAndre Carter to their practice squad, Wilson tweets.
- As first reported by Wilson at the National Football Post, Washington has signed edge defender Willie Jefferson to a reserve/futures contract. Jefferson had 24 tackles and six sacks for the CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos in 2015.
- The Colts signed defensive end Eze Obiora to a reserve/futures deal, Wilson tweets.