Today’s minor moves:
- Waived: DT Miles Brown, WR Hakeem Butler, OL Sam Jones, P Ryan Winslow
- Waived/injured: OL Brett Toth
- Waived: DT Hinwa Allieu, FB Mikey Daniel, T Evin Ksiezarczyk, RB Craig Reynolds
- Placed on IR: FB Patrick DiMarco
- Waived: LB Vosean Joseph, LB Corey Thompson
- Released from IR via injury settlement: WR Tommylee Lewis
- Signed: T Brady Aiello
- Released: OL Cody Wichmann
- Waived: WR Chris Lacy
- Released: DE Caraun Reid
- Waived: RB Nathan Cottrell, TE Matthew Flanagan, OL Blake Hance, OL K.C. McDermott, OL Garrett McGhin, LS Matthew Orzech, OL Ryan Pope, OL Austen Pleasants, WR Marvelle Ross
Los Angeles Rams
- Waived: DB Adonis Alexander, LB Daniel Bituli, TE Kendall Blanton, C Cohl Cabral, G Jamil Demby, WR Earnest Edwards, DB Jake Gervase, DB JuJu Hughes, RB John Kelly, G Jeremiah Kolone, WR J.J. Koski, DB Dayan Lake, DB Tyrique McGhee, LB Derrick Moncrief, WR Easop Winston
- Waived: RB Salvon Ahmed, DB Nate Brooks, CB Breon Borders, DT Brandin Bryant, WR Matt Cole, T Jonathan Hubbard, G Danny Isidora, WR Kirk Merritt, TE Chris Myarick, CB Ken Webster, TE Nate Wieting
New York Jets
- Waived: LB James Burgess
- Waived: DB Michael Jacquet, DE Matt Leo, TE Caleb Wilson
- Released: DT T.Y. McGill, CB Trevor Williams
San Francisco 49ers
- Released from IR via injury settlement: DE Jonathan Kongbo
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Waived: OL Zack Bailey, RB Ray Calais, ILB Noah Dawkins, S D’Cota Dixon, K Matt Gay (story), WR Cyril Grayson, S Javon Hagan, TE Tanner Hudson, DL Jeremiah Ledbetter, OL Nick Leverett, TE Codey McElroy, CB Herb Miller, WR Bryant Mitchell, RB Dare Ogunbowale, WR Josh Pearson, DL Benning Potoa’e, ILB Chapelle Russell, WR Spencer Schnell, QB Reid Sinnett, CB Mazzi Wilkins
2 comments on “Minor NFL Transactions: 9/4/20”
Hakeem Butler was supposed to be a steal for the Cardinals in the 4th Round of the 2019 Draft…
Idk,whether it says more about him, by him getting waived, or their crazy depth at the WR position..
Maybe the 49ers will take a look at Butler, he was extremely productive at Iowa State. Even so, Butler did struggle with some random drops at times, maybe his drops have continued to plague him early on at Arizona..
Anyone know why he got released??
I’m shocked as well. Prior to the draft, it appeared analysts either loved or despised Butler as a product. He was loaded with athletic potential but did have issues with his hands, as you alluded to. I’m guessing he’s either having some chronic injury issues or Arizona was just stacked with depth.
The Packers should make a waiver claim with their dearth of weapons, as should the 49ers. His physical game would be a stark contrast from the elusive style of players like Pettis and Samuel