Here are Monday’s minor moves:
- Re-signed: LS Aaron Brewer
- Released from IR via injury settlement: OLB Christopher Allen
- Released from IR: WR Jaray Jenkins
Las Vegas Raiders
- Released from IR: WR Chris Lacy
Los Angeles Rams
- Released from IR: S Rashad Torrence
- Promoted: G Ben Brown
- Placed on IR: WR Dareke Young
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Released from IR: TE Dominique Dafney, S Kedrick Whitehead
- Released from IR: TE Alize Mack
The injury settlements will sever ties between these players and their respective teams. While IR designations ahead of roster-cutdown day make these players ineligible for in-season activations, these settlements open the door to the players playing elsewhere this season. Young heading to IR in-season means he will be sidelined for at least four games. The Seahawks can use one of their eight allotted activations to bring the 2022 seventh-round pick off IR this season.
Brewer has been the Cardinals’ long snapper since 2016. He re-signed with the team in June. The Cardinals placed another long snapper, Matt Hembrough, on IR before cutdown day. Although Brewer was left off Arizona’s 53-man roster, teams often make this move with marginal vested veterans, who do not have to pass through waivers. This allows clubs to protect younger players from the waiver wire. Only left tackle D.J. Humphries has been with the team longer than Brewer, who is going into his age-33 season.