Today’s minor moves..
- The Chargers announced that they have signed cornerback Lowell Rose and waived offensive tackle Cameron Clemmons. Rose was in training camp with the Chargers last year, appearing in three preseason games. The Tulsa product later signed with the Dolphins and played in five games.
- The Jaguars claimed quarterback Jeff Tuel off waivers from the Bills while releasing quarterback Jake Waters, according to John Oehser of Jaguars.com (via Twitter).
- The Colts announced that they have signed free agent wide receiver Tyler Rutenbeck. Rutenbeck, 6-2, 186 pounds, was originally signed by Washington after going undrafted out of Division-III Dubuque but lasted less than two weeks there. In four years of college he recorded 163 receptions for 2,715 yards and a school-record 42 receiving touchdowns.
- The Seahawks are waiving rookie defensive tackle Tory Slater today, a source tells Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post (on Twitter).
- Washington has signed nose tackle Jerrell Powe, according to Wilson (on Twitter). Powe wasn’t tendered an offer as a restricted free agent of the Texans.
- The Jets signed UGA wide receiver Jonathon Rumph, according to Wilson (on Twitter). Rumph had 11 catches for 176 yards and a touchdown for Georgia last year but sidelined most of the year due to injury.
- The 49ers cut Chase Thomas from the NFI list, Wilson tweets.