July 19th, 2016 at 6:30pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
Here are today’s minor transactions from around the NFL:
- The Colts have signed free agent fullback/tight end Emil Igwenagu, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.com. To clear room for Igwenagu, they’ve waived quarterback Josh Woodrum, per Mike Chappell of FOX59 (Twitter link). Igwenagu signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent from Temple in 2012 and appeared in three games that year. That’s his only NFL action to date, though he remained with the Eagles organization in 2013 and then caught on with the Lions’ practice squad in 2014. Woodrum became a Colt after they claimed him off waivers from the Giants in May. The UDFA from Liberty signed with Big Blue just a few days earlier.
- The Falcons have waived center James Stone with an injury settlement, according to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Stone joined the Falcons as an undrafted free agent from Tennessee in 2014 and went on to appear in 19 games for Atlanta, starting 10. The vast majority of those appearances (12) and starts (nine) came in Stone’s rookie year. A torn ACL cut his 2015 season short in December, thus leading to the injury settlement. Stone’s departure leaves the Falcons with 88 players on their 90-man roster.
- The Buccaneers have waived safety John Lowdermilk off the reserved/retired list, reports Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times (Twitter link). The Bucs placed Lowdermilk on the reserved/retired list May 24, just under two weeks after claiming him off waivers from the Vikings. Lowdermilk, 24, spent time with the Vikes and Chargers organizations after entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent from Iowa last year. He didn’t appear in a game with either, however.
May 24th, 2016 at 5:50pm CST by Zachary Links
We’ll keep track of today’s draft signings and other minor moves here:
- The Dolphins agreed to terms with two members of their draft class today, signing third-round receiver Leonte Carroo and seventh-round tight end Thomas Duarte, as Wilson reports (Twitter link). Miami now only has third-round running back Kenyan Drake left to sign, as PFR’s Zach Links detailed when looking at unsigned 2016 draftees earlier today.
- The Lions waived offensive lineman Darius Johnson on Tuesday, as Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com writes. Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press adds (via Twitter) that Johnson was waived with an injury waiver designation. Johnson, a Middle Tennessee State product, signed with Detroit following the team’s rookie minicamp.
- The Chargers placed safety Matt Daniels on the injured reserve list with a leg injury, Eric Williams of ESPN.com tweets. Daniels appeared in only one game for San Diego last season. Former Michigan linebacker James Ross has been signed to fill Daniel’s void, a source tells Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune (Twitter link).
- After signing as an undrafted free agent out of UTSA, edge rusher Jason Neill was waived today by the Cowboys, according to Wilson (Twitter link). To replace Neil, Dallas signed fellow defensive end Zach Wood, tweets Wilson.
- The Panthers placed tight end Jake McGee on waivers with an injury designation last week, and after reverting to injured reserve, McGee has now been cut from IR with an injury settlement, per Wilson (Twitter link).
- The Bills have signed second-round linebacker Reggie Ragland, according to his agents at Vanguard Sports (on Twitter). Ragland was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Year after recording 97 tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss, and six pass breakups. GM Doug Whaley has said that he expects to see Ragland in the starting lineup to begin the 2016 season.
- The Raiders announced that they have signed free agent wide receivers Robert Herron and Nathan Palmer. To make room, the Raiders have waived/injured wide receiver Andre Debose and waived quarterback Garrett Gilbert. Palmer auditioned for New Orleans last week alongside a handful of notable names, including Hakeem Nicks. Herron was originally selected by the Bucs in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played in eight games his rookie season, posting six receptions for 58 yards (9.7 avg.) and one touchdown.
- The Browns signed undrafted free agent wide receiver David Richards, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets. The Arizona product first hooked on with Atlanta after the draft but was waived soon after.
- The Jets waived tight end Jerome Cunningham and signed running back Romar Morris, as Brian Costello of the New York Post tweets.
- The Buccaneers have placed safety Johnny Lowdermilk on the reserved-retired list, creating a second opening on the 90-man roster, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times tweets.
May 11th, 2016 at 4:38pm CST by Luke Adams
Here are Wednesday’s minor signings, cuts, and other transactions from across the NFL:
- The Buccaneers have claimed safety Johnny Lowdermilk off waivers from the Vikings, as Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times tweets. The team also waived rookie safety Traveon Henry and rookie wide receiver Dez Stewart (injured).
- The Bengals made a minor change at the back of their 90-man roster, signing former Louisville offensive tackle Aaron Epps and waiving tackle Darryl Baldwin, per Coley Harvey of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Baldwin was an undrafted free agent in 2015 who has yet to appear in a regular-season NFL game, while Epps tried out for Cincinnati after going undrafted this year. Epps, who stands at 6’7″ and weighs 288 pounds, was a part-time starter at Louisville in 2014 and 2015. He started only 14 contests across his collegiate career.
- After cutting former South Florida edge defender Eric Lee earlier this week, the Texans are expected to re-sign him today, tweets Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times. As Auman explains, the club wanted to change some language in Lee’s contract.
- The Buccaneers signed receiver Freddie Martino, as Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Rams signed cornerback Jabriel Washington and released wide receiver Nick Toon and defensive back Winston Rose, Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com tweets.
- Linebacker Uani Unga, waived yesterday by the Giants, cleared waivers and was added to the Giants’ injured reserve list, as Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News tweets.
- Mike McFarland reverted to the Colts‘ IR after being waived-injured and clearing waivers (Twitter link via Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle).
- The Packers have reached an injury settlement with tight end David Grinnage, who was signed as a rookie free agent (Twitter link via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com).
- The Patriots have cut linebacker Tony Steward, leaving them with an open roster spot, as Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal tweets.
May 10th, 2016 at 4:30pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- Fullback Toben Opurum was claimed by the Broncos after he was waived by the Saints, Evan Woodbery of The Times-Picayune writes. Opurum, 25, has been with the Saints since the end of the 2014 season. In a related move, the Broncos have waived tight end Anthony Norris, Troy Renck of The Denver Post tweets.
- The Bills have claimed running back Dri Archer off waivers from the Jets, as Mike Rodak of ESPN.com writes. Rodak notes that Archer owns the second-fastest 40-yard dash time (4.26 seconds) in NFL history. Bills wide receiver Marquise Goodwin holds the third-fastest time.
- The Colts have claimed quarterback Josh Woodrum off waivers from the Giants, as Mike Wells of ESPN.com tweets. In a related move, the Colts waived-injured tight end Mike McFarland. McFarland will go on the Colts’ IR if he clears waivers. As for Woodrum, he becomes the team’s fourth QB on the depth chart after Andrew Luck, Scott Tolzien, and Stephen Morris.
- The Rams released wide receiver Isiah Ferguson, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (on Twitter). To replace him, the Rams have inked wide receiver J.J. Worton (link).
- The Vikings announced that they have waived safety Johnny Lowdermilk. The arrival of Lowdermilk will make room for the addition of running back C.J. Ham, whose signing was reported on Monday. Ham, a Duluth native, rushed for 1,097 yards and 16 touchdowns in his final season at Augustana University.
- The Texans waived outside linebacker Eric Lee, who had signed as undrafted free agent from South Florida, John McClain of The Houston Chronicle tweets. Lee was making the transition to outside linebacker from college defensive end, as Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle notes (on Twitter).
- The Packers announced the signing of safety Marwin Evans. Evans, 23, finished his collegiate career at Utah State. The Milwaukee native started 13 of 27 games played for the Aggies, recording 83 tackles (36 solo), 10 tackles for a loss, two sacks, an interception he returned 90 yards for a touchdown, three forced fumbles and five pass breakups.
- The Giants‘ signing of Matt Smalley will wait until the Lafayette cornerback is done with his finals, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News (on Twitter). That will give Big Blue time before they have to release someone from the 90-man roster.
- The Giants released linebacker Uani Unga (Twitter link via SiriusXM).
- The Rams signed former Auburn wide receiver Duke Williams after his recent tryout, Vincent Bonsignore of the Daily News tweets.
September 5th, 2015 at 2:48pm CST by Luke Adams
The Chargers are the latest team to officially announce the roster moves that will get them down to 53 players. The team confirmed a couple of previously-reported veteran cuts, kicker Nick Novak and wideout Austin Pettis, and also announced the trade that sent Jeremiah Sirles to Minnesota for sixth-round selection in the 2016 draft.
Here are the rest of the club’s moves, via a press release:
- CB Richard Crawford
- CB Greg Ducre
- WR Javontee Herndon
- G Michael Huey
- S Johnny Lowdermilk
- CB Jordan Mabin
- LB Ryan Mueller
- TE Brian Parker
- S Adrian Phillips
- CB Lowell Rose
- RB Dreamius Smith
- QB Brad Sorensen
- DT Damion Square
- G Kenny Wiggins
- LB Chi Chi Ariguzo
- LB Colton Underwood
- TE Antonio Gates
- G Craig Watts
May 2nd, 2015 at 8:42pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
The Chargers have agreed to terms with 21 undrafted free agents. The list comes courtesy of Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune (via Twitter):
- Ikechi “Chi Chi” Araguzo, ILB, Northwestern
- Manuel “Manny” Asprilla, CB, Boston College
- Ben Beckwith, OG, Mississippi State
- Cameron Botticelli, DE, Minnesota
- Tyreek Burwell, OT, Cincinnati
- Cameron Clemmons, OT, Western Kentucky
- Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan
- Nick Dzubnar, ILB, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
- Jahwan Edwards, RB, Ball State
- Eric Frohnapfel, TE, Marshall
- Curtis Grant, ILB, Ohio State
- Brock Hekking, OLB, Nevada
- Gordon Hill, S, Sacred Heart
- Josh Lambo, K, Texas A&M ($5k bonus, per Aaron Wilson)
- Johnny Lowdermilk, S, Iowa
- Ryan Mueller, OLB, Kansas State
- Brian Parker, TE, Albany ($7k bonus, per Wilson)
- Dreamius Smith, RB, West Virginia
- Cole Stoudt, QB, Clemson ($2k bonus, per Wilson)
- Tyrell Williams, WR, Western Oregon
- Demetrious Wilson, WR, Arkansas