November 18th, 2018 at 2:51pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s practice squad moves:
Kansas City Chiefs
September 3rd, 2018 at 7:15pm CST by Zachary Links
We’ll keep track of today’s practice squad moves here:
- Signed: DE Christian LaCouture
Los Angeles Chargers
New England Patriots
New York Jets
New York Giants
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
December 20th, 2017 at 9:12pm CST by Sam Robinson
Here are today’s minor moves.
September 4th, 2017 at 8:21pm CST by Zachary Links
NFL teams began forming their practice squads on Sunday, but they’re tinkering with them today as they will throughout the season. We’ll keep track of Monday’s practice squad moves here:
New England Patriots
New York Jets
September 2nd, 2017 at 4:18pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The Buccaneers have moved their roster to 53 players by making the following transactions:
Placed on IR:
Placed on Reserve/Suspended List:
January 20th, 2017 at 5:25pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Here are the latest reserve/futures contract signings from around the NFL. These deals will go into effect on the first day of the 2017 league year, with players joining their respective clubs’ offseason 90-man rosters:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
December 6th, 2016 at 8:22pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The Broncos worked out a dozen players today, including quarterbacks Sean Renfree and T.J. Yates, running backs Bernard Pierce and Zac Brooks, and wide receivers Keshawn Martin and Corey Washington, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (Twitter links). Yates, 29, has only started seven games during his regular season career, but has somewhat miraculously managed two playoff starts, both for Houston. Each of the tryouts conducted by Denver today were for futures contract consideration, tweets Mike Klis of 9NEWS.
Here’s more from the workout front:
- Searching for emergency interior line options, the Patriots tried out OL James Stone and Chris Watt today, reports Mike Reiss of ESPN.com (Twitter links), who adds that New England also took a look at wide receiver Dez Stewart. As Reiss wrote earlier today, the Pats could be forced to make a move at WR following an injury to Danny Amendola, and Stewart could potentially fill that void.
- The Chiefs, dealing with injuries to Dontari Poe and Jaye Howard (placed on IR), auditioned veteran defensive lineman Kenrick Ellis and Montori Hughes, per Caplan (Twitter link). Kansas City also worked out inside linebackers James Burgess and Darnell Sankey on Saturday, Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star tweets.
- The Packers tried out tight end Kennard Backman, quarterback Mike Bercovici, wide receiver Mitch Mathews, and running back Daryl Virgies, according to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com. Backman is familiar with Green Bay, as the Packers chose him in the sixth round of the 2015 draft.
- Defensive back Dezmen Southward, defensive end Josh Boyd, and linebacker Ron Thompson all worked out for the Raiders today, per Caplan (Twitter link). Southward was a third-round pick by the Falcons in 2014.
- The Buccaneers are working out 6’4″, 220-pound wide receiver Joe Hills, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. He was the 2016 Arena League offensive Player of the Year for the Jacksonville Sharks.
- Defensive lineman Frank Beltre and defensive back Tony Burnett were among the players that tried out for the Vikings today, according to Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune (Twitter link).
- The Jets worked out long snappers Zac Triner, Rick Lovato, Daniel Dillon, and Kameron Canaday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link) and Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. New York’s current long snapper is veteran Tanner Purdum.
July 19th, 2016 at 6:30pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
Here are today’s minor transactions from around the NFL:
- The Colts have signed free agent fullback/tight end Emil Igwenagu, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.com. To clear room for Igwenagu, they’ve waived quarterback Josh Woodrum, per Mike Chappell of FOX59 (Twitter link). Igwenagu signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent from Temple in 2012 and appeared in three games that year. That’s his only NFL action to date, though he remained with the Eagles organization in 2013 and then caught on with the Lions’ practice squad in 2014. Woodrum became a Colt after they claimed him off waivers from the Giants in May. The UDFA from Liberty signed with Big Blue just a few days earlier.
- The Falcons have waived center James Stone with an injury settlement, according to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Stone joined the Falcons as an undrafted free agent from Tennessee in 2014 and went on to appear in 19 games for Atlanta, starting 10. The vast majority of those appearances (12) and starts (nine) came in Stone’s rookie year. A torn ACL cut his 2015 season short in December, thus leading to the injury settlement. Stone’s departure leaves the Falcons with 88 players on their 90-man roster.
- The Buccaneers have waived safety John Lowdermilk off the reserved/retired list, reports Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times (Twitter link). The Bucs placed Lowdermilk on the reserved/retired list May 24, just under two weeks after claiming him off waivers from the Vikings. Lowdermilk, 24, spent time with the Vikes and Chargers organizations after entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent from Iowa last year. He didn’t appear in a game with either, however.
December 18th, 2015 at 4:56pm CST by Luke Adams
Here are Friday’s minor transactions from around the NFL, as teams get their rosters set for this weekend:
- Defensive tackle C.J. Mosley will become a free agent if and when he clears waivers — per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter), the Dolphins have cut Mosley from injured reserve. Since there’s no word of an injury settlement, the former Lion should be healthy, so another team may decide to sign him for the stretch run.
- The Buccaneers have waived linebacker Orie Lemon, tweets Wilson. The move leaves Tampa Bay with an open roster spot, which the club will have more than a week to fill, having played on Thursday night.
- The Jets have placed rookie wide receiver Devin Smith on injured reserve due to the torn ACL he suffered in last week’s win over the Titans, the team announced today in a press release. Smith, the 37th overall pick in this year’s draft, was one of many receivers selected in the top 50 whose rookie season was unspectacular — he caught just nine of 28 targets, for 115 yards and a TD. To replace Smith on their roster, the Jets have promoted linebacker Taiwan Jones from their practice squad.
- The Falcons have also elevated a linebacker from their practice squad, announcing today in a press release that outside linebacker Tyler Starr has received a promotion. In a corresponding move, the club placed center James Stone on the injured reserve list. Per D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Twitter link), Stone – who started nine games last season but just one this year – has a torn ACL.
May 12th, 2014 at 5:00pm CST by Luke Adams
The Falcons are the latest team to make their undrafted free agent class official, announcing in a press release that they’ve signed 20 new rookies to contracts. Here’s the complete list:
- Geraldo Boldewijn, WR, Boise State
- Brenden Daley, LB, Hawaii
- Nosa Eguae, DE, Auburn
- Devonta Glover-Wright, CB, Utah State
- Maurice Hagens, FB, Miami (FL)
- Julian Jones, WR, Arkansas State
- Freddie Martino, WR, North Greenville
- Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell
- Walker May, OLB, Vanderbilt
- Kimario McFadden, S, South Carolina State
- Roosevelt Nix, FB, Kent State ($15K bonus, per Aaron Wilson)
- Jacob Pedersen, TE, Wisconsin
- Bernard Reedy, WR, Toledo
- Donte Rumph, DT, Kentucky
- Jacques Smith, OLB, Tennessee
- Jerome Smith, RB, Syracuse
- James Stone, C, Tennessee
- Tramaine Thompson, WR, Kansas State
- Brian Wozniak, TE, Wisconsin
- Matt Yoklic, P, Pittsburgh