The Cowboys have added 18 undrafted players to their offsaeason roster. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Dalton Sturm, QB, UT-San Antonio
- Jordan Chunn, RB, Troy
- Malik Earl, WR, Missouri State
- Marchie Murdock, WR, Iowa State
- David Wells, TE, San Diego State
- Jay Robertson, OL, Tennessee
- Jacob Campos, OL, Iowa State
- Bryce Johnson, OL, St. Cloud State
- Austin Larkin, DE, Purdue
- James Hearns, DE, Louisville
- Dequinton Osbourne, DT, Oklahoma State
- Joel Lanning, LB, Iowa State
- Ed Shockely, LB, Villanova
- Kyle Queiro, LB, Northwestern
- Charvarius Ward, CB, Middle Tennessee State
- Kam Kelly, CB, San Diego State
- Donovan Olumba, CB, Portland State
- Tyree Robinson, S, Oregon
The Cowboys have found gems in the UDFA ranks before, including quarterback Tony Romo and offensive lineman La’el Collins. In total, the Cowboys now project to head into camp with 27 rookies.
Sturm threw for 2,185 yards and 15 touchdowns against five interceptions while completing 62.3% of his passes last year. He came to UTSA as a walk-on and did not earn a scholarship until 2016, so he has a history of achieving when up against long odds. In the ’16 season, he set a UTSA record with 20 passing touchdowns.
Chunn isn’t the speediest running back in the world, but he does offer the ability to catch passes out of the backfield. In his final two years on campus, he caught 58 passes. The Cowboys have three established running backs in Ezekiel Elliott, Rod Smith, and Trey Williams plus seventh-round pic Bo Scarbrough. Fullback Jamize Olawale is also under contract.