Today’s minor moves around the NFL:
- Released from IR via injury settlement: WR Shemar Bridgers
- Released: DT Daviyon Nixon
- Waived: CB Allan George
- Reverted to active roster: S Jessie Bates
- Waived: OL Drew Forbes, LB Jordan Kunasyzk
- Released from IR via injury settlement: DL Eric Banks, OL Kevin Jarvis, DB C.J. Moore, DE Jashon Cornell
- Released: DT Raequan Williams
Kansas City Chiefs
- Placed on IR: TE Blake Bell
Las Vegas Raiders
- Released: DT Tyler Lancaster
New York Giants
- Waived: RB Sandro Platzgummer
New York Jets
- Released from IR via injury settlement: OL Keith Ismael
Nixon generated significant draft buzz after his college career at Iowa. His final season with the Hawkeyes in 2020 included 5.5 sacks and 13.5 tackles for loss, though he fell to the fifth round that year. He played sparingly as a rookie, and has met injury troubles early in his pro career. Despite the move, Carolina has a number of options to call on in a rotational role behind Derrick Brown and Matt Ioannidis.
The roster cutting by the Bengals was necessary with today being the time at which Bates’ time on the Commissioner’s Exempt List expired. The franchise-tagged safety was the final holdout of the 2022 offseason, inking his tender long past the deadline for a long-term deal to be finalized. Fully back to team practices and activities, Bates’ time on the list allowed him to ramp up at his own rate following a lengthy absence throughout the spring and summer.
Lancaster was one of several additions the Raiders made on the d-line during free agency. The former UDFA spent the first four years of his career in Green Bay, registering 10 starts in 2019. Other signings such as Bilal Nichols and Andrew Billings will see plenty of playing time along the defensive interior in his absence.