Today’s gameday callups and minor moves heading into Sunday:
- Elevated: K Matt Ammendola
Kansas City Chiefs
- Elevated: RB Deneric Prince
Los Angeles Chargers
- Elevated: TE Tanner Conner
New England Patriots
- Elevated: QB Malik Cunningham
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
- Activated from IR: CB Justin Hardee, G Wes Schweitzer
- Elevated: OL Jake Hanson, DT Perrion Winfrey
- Waived: OL Xavier Newman
- Elevated: LB Kyron Johnson
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Elevated: WR Ryan Miller, WR David Moore
- Signed to active roster: LB Joe Jones
- Elevated: DE Joshua Pryor
The Chiefs have ruled out running back Jerick McKinnon for tomorrow’s game against the Packers, necessitating some extra depth at the position. The team will turn to Prince, an undrafted free agent who has spent the entire season on Kansas City’s practice squad. Prince had a breakout season at Tulsa in 2022, finishing with 813 yards from scrimmage and six touchdowns.
Winfrey, a 2022 fourth-round pick, was cut by the Browns last July after being investigated for pulling a gun on a woman. He joined the Jets practice squad in early November and will finally earn his first promotion of the season. Winfrey got into 13 games for Cleveland last year, collecting 22 tackles and 0.5 sacks.
At age 36, Irvin will be making his debut for a sixth NFL team. The veteran pass rusher signed with Detroit midway through November and will finally have a chance to extend his streak of regular season appearances to 12 straight years. The only absence on the Lions’ front-seven will be linebacker Alex Anzalone, so Detroit may be looking to stand Irvin up to help the team’s depth at linebacker.