December 19th, 2017 at 9:37pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s workout updates, with all links going to veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer’s Twitter account unless otherwise noted:
Green Bay Packers
- QBs Garrett Fugate, Matt McGloin; WR Jake Kumerow; C Lucas Crowley; LB Jacob Lindsey; CB Manny Asprilla (link via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com)
Los Angeles Rams
September 1st, 2017 at 5:14pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
The Jaguars have cut their roster from 90 players to 75, according to John Oehser of the team’s website:
- TE Caleb Bluitt
- OL Malcolm Bunche
- LB P.J. Davis
- CB Charles James
- DT Tueni Lupeamanu
- WR Larry Pinkard
- OL Demetrius Rhaney
- WR Jamal Robinson
- CB Dwayne Thomas
- FB Marquez Williams (waived/injured)
Released outright (vested veterans who are not subject to waivers):
Placed on IR:
August 14th, 2017 at 8:55pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s minor moves:
- Signed: TE David Grinnage, CB Dwayne Thomas
- Waived: CB Ezra Robinson
- Waived/injured: CB Josh Johnson
New York Giants
New York Jets
- Signed: WR Daniel Williams
- Waived: WR Deshon Foxx
San Francisco 49ers
- Waived from injured reserve: G Robert Myers (Twitter link via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times)
August 11th, 2017 at 9:34pm CST by Sam Robinson
Here are today’s minor moves.
- The Vikings placed Bishop Sankey on IR, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports (on Twitter). Minnesota signed the former Titans second-round pick to a reserve/futures contract in January, but an MRI Friday revealed Sankey tore an ACL. He will miss the season. Sankey hasn’t played in a game since 2015.
- Cut by both the 49ers and Jets in August, Bruce Ellington caught on with a third team this month. The Texans agreed to terms with the wide receiver/return specialist, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports. The Jets waived Ellington with an injury designation, but a Friday workout with the Texans provided a green light for the franchise to sign him. The Texans are currently reeling at wideout. In addition to Will Fuller‘s absence, Braxton Miller and DeAndrew White aren’t practicing. Ellington missed all of last season with a torn hamstring.
- The Jaguars signed veteran running back Jonathan Grimes and waived running back Tyler Gaffney with an injury designation, the team announced. Grimes is a five-year NFL veteran whose most notable work came as a backup for the Texans from 2012-16. He gained 455 yards from scrimmage in 2015, the final year Arian Foster suffered a severe injury.
- Defensive end Keionta Davis agreed to terms with the Patriots, who cut cornerback Dwayne Thomas to make room, Mike Reiss of ESPN.com tweets. A rookie out of Chattanooga, Davis was invited to the Combine but wasn’t drafted or signed after the draft.
- The Chargers re-signed tight end Matt Weiser, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports (on Twitter). A University of Buffalo alum, Weiser spent time with the Bolts during their final San Diego camp last summer but was cut just before the season.
- The Colts reached injury settlements with tight end (and former VCU basketball standout) Mo Alie-Cox and wideout Harvey Binford, Wilson tweets.
- Mykkele Thompson‘s time as a Giants secondary cog could be coming to a close. After Big Blue cut Thompson — a fifth-round pick in 2015 — on Thursday, he cleared waivers. NJ.com’s Dan Duggan expects an injury settlement to follow (Twitter link). Duggan notes this Thompson is battling a minor quadriceps injury.
May 5th, 2017 at 5:22pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
Along with the previously reported signings of BYU linebacker Harvey Langi and Central Florida defensive back D.J. Killings, the Patriots announced 17 other undrafted free agent pickups Friday. Here they are:
- Josh Augusta, DT (Missouri)
- Adam Butler, DT (Vanderbilt)
- Austin Carr, WR (Northwestern)
- Cole Croston, OT (Iowa)
- LeShun Daniels, RB (Iowa)
- Brooks Ellis, LB (Arkansas)
- Cody Hollister, WR (Arkansas)
- Jacob Hollister, TE (Wyoming)
- Andrew Jelks, OT (Vanderbilt)
- David Jones, DB (Richmond)
- Jason King, G (Purdue)
- Kenny Moore, DB (Valdosta State)
- Max Rich, OT (Harvard)
- Dwayne Thomas, DB (LSU)
- Jason Thompson, DB (Utah)
- Damarius Travis, DB (Minnesota)
- Corey Vereen, DE (Tennessee)