June 2nd, 2016 at 5:15pm CST by Zachary Links
Here are today’s minor moves.
- The Steelers have signed fourth-round offensive tackle Jerald Hawkins, as Teresa Varley of Steelers.com writes. Hawkins offers experience at both left and right tackle but he’s expected to play on the left side for Pittsburgh. “He can come in here and help right away by competing and pushing the guys and making them better,” said offensive line coach Mike Munchak. “It just makes the group better when you can bring in a good athlete and a good player that has the ability to compete and help us become better. “We feel this guy can come in and learn from the guys we have, push the guys that we have and now it’s just a matter of how quickly we feel he can contribute.”
- The Cardinals signed wide receiver Marquis Bundy, safety Tyrequek Zimmerman, and guard Jake Bernstein to return to the 90-man roster limit, Kyle Odegard of AZCardinals.com tweets.
- The Chargers have agreed to sign guard/tackle Brett Boyko, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (via Twitter).
- To make room, the Chargers waived offensive lineman Zeth Ramsay, as Eric Williams of ESPN.com tweets. The Bolts now have 17 offensive linemen on their 90-man roster.
- The Lions announced that they have signed UDFA kicker Devon Bell and waived punter Kyle Christy. Bell, a Mississippi State product, played in all 13 games last year and averaged 62.1 yards per kickoff, while also punting nine times for 370 yards (41.1 avg).
- The Jaguars have signed guard Patrick Omameh and released offensive lineman Patrick Miller, as Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com tweets. Omameh has played in 30 games over the course of his NFL career.
- The Redskins signed UDFA wide receiver Jarvis Turner, Master Tesfatsion of The Washington Post tweets.
- The Seahawks signed fullback Kyle Coleman, as Wilson tweets. A rookie with tight end experience who played at Arkansas State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Coleman will possibly audition at multiple spots in Seattle, Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes.
- The Jets announced that they’ve signed guard Mike Liedtke, while adding that they’ve cleared a roster spot by waiving tackle Luke Marquardt.
June 1st, 2016 at 4:21pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Giants have signed their third-round pick, safety Darian Thompson, according to the New York Daily News’ Ralph Vacchiano (on Twitter). Thompson was a four-year standout at Boise State, where he appeared in 49 games and intercepted 17 passes.
- The Seahawks have waived cornerback Jamal Marshall, whom they signed undrafted out of North Texas last month, tweets Dov Kleiman of RantSports.
- The Chargers have cut offensive tackle Zeth Ramsay, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. Ramsey signed with the Chargers in April as an undrafted free agent from Colorado Mesa.
- The Packers have waived two rookies, receiver Devonte Robinson (non-football illness) and guard Cory Tucker, and signed first-year guard Lucas Patrick, writes Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.
- The Cardinals have cut safety Brandon Person, receiver Chris King and offensive tackle Edawn Coughman (previously reported), per Darren Urban of the team’s official website (Twitter link).
- The Jets signed defensive end Shelby Harris and waived fellow defensive end (and former shot putter) Lawrence Okoye, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweets.
- The Lions signed undrafted free agent tackle Dominick Jackson, as Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com writes.
- The Browns signed fourth-round wide receiver Ricardo Louis and fourth-round tight end Seth DeValve, as Wilson tweets.
- The Bears have waived OT Tayo Fabuluje, per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times (Twitter link).
April 30th, 2016 at 8:41pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The Chargers have become the first club to announce its list of undrafted rookie free agent signings. San Diego has signed the following 20 UDFAs:
- Mike Bercovici, QB, Arizona State
- Terrell Chestnut, CB, West Virginia
- Kenneth Farrow, RB, Houston
- Tyler Johnstone, T, Oregon
- Sebastian Johansson, G, Marshall
- Jamaal Jones, WR, Montana
- Chris Landrum, LB, Jacksonville State
- Mike McQueen, G, Ohio ($5K signing bonus, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle)
- Adrian McDonald, S, Houston
- Tyler Marcordes, LB, Georgia Tech
- Spencer Pulley, C, Vanderbilt
- Shaq Petteway, LB, West Virginia
- Zeth Ramsay, T, Colorado Mesa
- Deandre Reaves, WR, Marshall
- Jay Rome, TE, Georgia (ultimately signed instead with Steelers)
- Larry Scott, CB, Oregon State
- Chris Swain, RB, Navy
- Dominique Williams, WR, Washington State
- Trevor Williams, CB, Penn State
- Carlos Wray, DE, Duke