August 29th, 2016 at 7:45pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The Browns are now in roster compliance, as they’ve announced several moves today. In addition to confirming the previously reported cuts of Paul Kruger, Austin Davis, K’Waun Williams, Travis Coons, and E.J. Bibbs, Cleveland has announced the following transactions:
Placed on injured reserve:
August 1st, 2016 at 7:02pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- In addition to their transactions below, the Browns have also waived/injured defensive lineman Dylan Wynn, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal (Twitter link). Wynn will revert to Cleveland’s injured reserve list if and when he clears waivers.
- Similarly, wide receiver Tyler Slavin has cleared waivers and is now on the Seahawks‘ injured reserve list, tweets Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
- The Titans have claimed cornerback Tyler Patmon, off waivers from the Dolphins, as Jim Wyatt of Titans Online tweets.
- The Browns announced that they have signed linebacker Jason Neill and offensive lineman Cory Tucker. To make room, offensive lineman Conor Boffeli and linebacker Jackson Jeffcoat were waived.
- The Lions have signed former University of Miami linebacker Raphael Kirby to a three-year deal, according to his reps at Universal Sports Management (Twitter link). Kirby, who was the Hurricanes’ team captain, is said to finally be healthy after suffering a torn ACL in college. To make room, linebacker Dominique Tovell has been waived, per a team announcement.
- The Saints announced that they have re-signed tackle Tony Hills and waived/injured UDFA tackle Ryker Mathews.
- Colts safety Andrew Williamson was waived/injured thanks to his knee issue, Mike Chappell of the Indy Star tweets.
- The Steelers added running back Christian Powell and free agent center Valerian Ume-Ezeoke, Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweets. To make room, running back Brandon Johnson and center Quinton Schooley were cut.
- The Vikings signed linebacker Terrance Plummer, as Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press tweets.
- The Bills released kicker Marshall Morgan and wide receiver Davonte Allen, as Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News tweets. The team also added wide receiver Kain Colter.
June 1st, 2016 at 4:21pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Giants have signed their third-round pick, safety Darian Thompson, according to the New York Daily News’ Ralph Vacchiano (on Twitter). Thompson was a four-year standout at Boise State, where he appeared in 49 games and intercepted 17 passes.
- The Seahawks have waived cornerback Jamal Marshall, whom they signed undrafted out of North Texas last month, tweets Dov Kleiman of RantSports.
- The Chargers have cut offensive tackle Zeth Ramsay, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. Ramsey signed with the Chargers in April as an undrafted free agent from Colorado Mesa.
- The Packers have waived two rookies, receiver Devonte Robinson (non-football illness) and guard Cory Tucker, and signed first-year guard Lucas Patrick, writes Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.
- The Cardinals have cut safety Brandon Person, receiver Chris King and offensive tackle Edawn Coughman (previously reported), per Darren Urban of the team’s official website (Twitter link).
- The Jets signed defensive end Shelby Harris and waived fellow defensive end (and former shot putter) Lawrence Okoye, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweets.
- The Lions signed undrafted free agent tackle Dominick Jackson, as Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com writes.
- The Browns signed fourth-round wide receiver Ricardo Louis and fourth-round tight end Seth DeValve, as Wilson tweets.
- The Bears have waived OT Tayo Fabuluje, per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times (Twitter link).
May 9th, 2016 at 6:42pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Jets announced that they have claimed tight end Jerome Cunningham and waived running back/kick returner Dri Archer. Cunningham played in nine games for New Jersey’s other team in 2015, catching the first eight passes of his NFL career. Cunningham, a three-year starter at Southern Connecticut State, has managed to stay local since entering the NFL in 2014.
- The Jets also signed cornerback Bryson Keeton and waived tight end Adrien Robinson (link). Keeton, a 6’2” defensive back, played two seasons at Montana State and defended a total of 21 passes over the last two years.
- The Chiefs claimed guard Jordan Devey off waivers from the 49ers, as Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets. Devey unexpectedly made his way into the Niners’ starting lineup to open the 2015 season. Although he was replaced down the stretch, the 28-year-old made nine starts and played nearly 400 offensive snaps for San Francisco in 2015.
- The Buccaneers signed three tryout players (link): Texas Tech linebacker Micah Awe, Kansas State defensive tackle Travis Britz, and Louisville tackle Kelby Johnson. The team also welcomed back wide receiver Andre Davis. To make room, UDFAs tight end Tim Brown (West Chester), linebacker Tyson Coleman (Oregon), and defensive tackle Jontavius Morris (Western Kentucky).
- Kutztown wide receiver Anthony Kelly, signed last week by Buccaneers as undrafted free agent, is no longer with team due to an issue with his knee, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times tweets.
- The Vikings (Twitter link) announced the signing of cornerback Tre Roberson and wide receiver Troy Stoudermire. Kentucky State cornerback Eric Rawls, announced as a UDFA signee last week, did not end up inking his deal, per Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press (on Twitter). The team’s roster is now at 90.
- The Cardinals signed running back Elijhaa Penny (Idaho) and wide receiver Chris Hubert (Fayetteville St.) while cutting running back Jared Baker and outside linebacker Mike Reilly (Twitter link via Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com).
- Washington released safety Tevin Carter (link).
- The Texans signed former New Mexico outside linebacker Ryan Langford following a successful tryout, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Packers cut former Rice wide receiver Dennis Parks, Wilson tweets.
- The Chiefs cut offensive lineman Mike Liedtke, according to freelance reporter Jenna Laine (on Twitter).
- The Vikings signed running back C.J. Ham out of Augustana University, Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press tweets. The deal should become finalized on Tuesday.
- The Packers signed tight end Casey Pierce, defensive tackle Demetris Anderson, running back Brandon Burks, fullback Alstevis Squirewell, and guard Cory Tucker and released defensive tackle Josh Boyd, defensive tackle William Campbell, tight end David Grinnage, and tackle Jeremy Vujnovich.