June 22nd, 2016 at 6:12pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
Today’s minor moves from around the NFL:
- Offensive tackle Dominick Jackson, whom the Lions waived Tuesday, cleared waivers and is now a free agent, tweets Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com. The undrafted rookie from the University of Alabama signed with the Lions on June 1 after the Redskins jettisoned him May 16.
- The Chargers have signed rookie punter Drew Kaser and rookie guard Donavon Clark, per the team’s website.
June 21st, 2016 at 4:31pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves from around the NFL…
- Bills safety Phillip Thomas reverted to injured reserve after being waived-injured and clearing waivers, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Lions have waived offensive tackle Dominick Jackson, as Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com writes. Detroit signed Jackson on June 1 as a UDFA out of Alabama, but he wound up lasting less than a month with the team.
June 1st, 2016 at 4:21pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Giants have signed their third-round pick, safety Darian Thompson, according to the New York Daily News’ Ralph Vacchiano (on Twitter). Thompson was a four-year standout at Boise State, where he appeared in 49 games and intercepted 17 passes.
- The Seahawks have waived cornerback Jamal Marshall, whom they signed undrafted out of North Texas last month, tweets Dov Kleiman of RantSports.
- The Chargers have cut offensive tackle Zeth Ramsay, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. Ramsey signed with the Chargers in April as an undrafted free agent from Colorado Mesa.
- The Packers have waived two rookies, receiver Devonte Robinson (non-football illness) and guard Cory Tucker, and signed first-year guard Lucas Patrick, writes Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.
- The Cardinals have cut safety Brandon Person, receiver Chris King and offensive tackle Edawn Coughman (previously reported), per Darren Urban of the team’s official website (Twitter link).
- The Jets signed defensive end Shelby Harris and waived fellow defensive end (and former shot putter) Lawrence Okoye, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweets.
- The Lions signed undrafted free agent tackle Dominick Jackson, as Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com writes.
- The Browns signed fourth-round wide receiver Ricardo Louis and fourth-round tight end Seth DeValve, as Wilson tweets.
- The Bears have waived OT Tayo Fabuluje, per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times (Twitter link).
May 16th, 2016 at 6:36pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Raiders signed defensive back Chris Edwards, receiver Joe Hansley, defensive lineman Branden Jackson, running back Jalen Richards, and offensive lineman Torian White, Wilson tweets. Meanwhile, Wilson tweets that the team released defensive end Sheby Harris, cornerback Tony McRae, and safety Tevin McDonald.
- Wilson tweeted a list of Panthers signings: linebacker Jared Barber, tight end Braxton Deaver, cornerback Shaquille Richardson, offensive tackle Jordan Rigsbee, wide receiver Miles Shuler, and running back Jalen Simmons. The team announced that they’ve cut receiver Jenson Stoshak and cornerbacks Brandon Boykin and Ras-I Dowling.
- The Cowboys have cut long snapper Brandon Hartson, tweets Wilson.
- The Broncos have signed linebacker Dekoda Watson to a one-year deal, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com tweets. Watson appeared in three games for the Patriots last year as he was yo-yo’d on and off of the team’s roster.
- Eagles guard/tackle Matt Tobin has signed a two-year deal with the team, a source tells Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (Twitter links). Tobin was previously set to play out this year on his one-year restricted free agent tender. Now, his new deal will lower his base salary for this season.
- Washington waived linebacker Reggie Northrup, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. Interestingly, Northrup is represented by rapper Lil Wayne.
- More Washington signings via the team’s website: tackle Al Bond, guard Nila Kasitati, linebacker Mike Wakefield and running back Kelsey Young. Guard Dominick Jackson was waived.
- The Seahawks have waived/injured linebacker Christian French and signed fellow linebacker Khairi Fortt to take his place on the 90-man roster, Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times tweets.
- The Bengals are set to sign former University of Buffalo quarterback Joe Licata, as Tyler Dunne of The Buffalo News tweets. To make room, rookie quarterback Matt Johnson has been waived.
- The Browns signed defensive back Eric Patterson, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets. The 23-year-old entered the NFL last year as a UDFA with New England. The Ball State product appeared in two games for Indianapolis and one with St. Louis.
- The Bears announced they have signed Donovan Williams, an offensive lineman from Louisiana-Lafayette (Twitter link via Brad Biggs of The Chicago Tribune). The Bears have also released center Dan Buchholz, wide receiver/tight end Marcus Lucas, and wide receiver Nathan Palmer (link).
- The Bears waived defensive end Bruce Gaston, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com writes. Demovsky suggests that Gaston, who made Green Bay’s opening day roster last season, could get another look from the Packers.
- The Chargers have signed former Arizona State guard Vi Teofilo to a three-year deal, a source tells Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego. The 6’3″, 205-pound lineman will look to compete for a practice squad spot. The Chargers waived guard Sebastian Johansson, an undrafted rookie guard from Marshall, in a corresponding move. They also waived-injured linebacker Brock Hekking.
- The Saints waived safety Michael Caputo and quarterback Griffin Neal after this weekend’s rookie minicamp, Evan Woodbery of The Times-Picayune tweets. According to Wilson (on Twitter), the team has also cut receiver Shane Wynn.
- In a related move, the Saints inked linebacker Tony Steward (Twitter link via Woodbery). Steward played at Clemson and was a fifth-round pick of Buffalo in 2015.
- The Saints signed Jake Lampman, Wilson tweets. The Ferris State product caught 52 passes for 731 yards and eight touchdowns last season.
Ben Levine contributed to this post.
May 6th, 2016 at 11:40am CST by Luke Adams
As rookie minicamps open around the NFL, more and more teams are officially announcing their undrafted free agent signings. Washington did so this morning, adding 14 new players to the 90-man roster, according to the team’s official website. Here’s the complete list of the UDFAs headed to D.C.: