- OG Vi Teofilo
- OL Marcel Jones
- WR DeAndre Reaves
- TE Matt Weiser
- TE Tim Semisch
- DL Kamal Johnson
- DL Chuka Ndulue
- LB James Ross
- CB Richard Crawford
- DB Larry Scott
Today’s minor moves:
- The 49ers have announced the signing of defensive lineman B.J. McBryde to a two-year contract. McBryde, undrafted out of UConn last year, previously spent time on the practice squads of Philadelphia and Green Bay.
- The Seahawks have released offensive lineman Lene Maiava and signed receiver Montario Hunter, an undrafted rookie from Division II Elizabeth City State, tweets Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
- The Titans waived undrafted rookie offensive lineman Sam Carlson, leaving them with two open roster spots, as TitanInsider.com’s Terry McCormick tweets.
- The Titans also signed offensive lineman Ronald Patrick. Patrick has spent time on the practice squads of Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo but has yet to play in a regular-season game.
- The Giants have signed two defensive tackles – Jermelle Cudjo and Davon Coleman – and waived receiver Donte Foster and D-tackle Melvin Lewis, per a team announcement. Cudjo appeared in 45 games (four starts) with St. Louis and Detroit from 2010-15.
- The Bears have signed offensive lineman Dan Buchholz and waived undrafted free agent punter Ben LeCompte, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle and Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune (Twitter links). This is already the second stint with the Bears for Buchholz, whom the team signed as an undrafted free agent from Duquesne in May.
- The Chargers announced the signing of offensive lineman Marcel Jones.
- The Colts signed tight end Nick Truesdell and waived fellow tight end Mike Miller from the non-football injury list, Mike Chappell of CBS4 tweets.
- The Falcons have signed receiver Chris King, per D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Twitter link). King went undrafted out of Duquesne this year and then spent some time with Arizona.
Here are today’s practice squad signings and cuts from across the league:
- Signed: LB Curtis Grant, WR R.J. Harris, WR Jordan Leslie, DE Dontay Moch (press release)
- Cut: WR Devon Wylie
New England Patriots
- Signed: S Craig Bills (Twitter link via team)
- Cut: CB Mike Lee
St. Louis Rams
- Signed: LB Matthew Wells
Here are Friday’s minor transactions from around the NFL, including practice squad moves:
- With Karlos Williams having been ruled out of this weekend’s game for the Bills, the team is elevating running back Mike Gillislee to the 53-man roster from their practice squad, tweets Mike Rodak of ESPN.com. Buffalo has yet to formally announce Gillislee’s promotion — a corresponding move will be required when it becomes official.
- The Ravens have re-added safety Nick Perry – not to be confused with the Packers linebacker – to their practice squad, per Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun (Twitter link). Offensive lineman Marcel Jones was cut from the 10-man unit to accommodate the move.
Here are Friday’s practice squad signings and cuts, with any additional moves added to the list throughout the day:
- Yesterday the Ravens announced that they would add cornerback Jumal Rolle to the practice squad, and today we learn that he will be taking former Alabama safety Nick Perry‘s spot, according Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). Head coach John Harbaugh did say the team still has plans for Perry in their future (via Twitter).
- The Ravens also announced they have signed offensive tackle Blaine Clausell to the practice squad, according to Zrebiec (via Twitter). The team cut offensive tackle Marcel Jones to make room.
Here are Wednesday’s practice squad signings and cuts from around the NFL:
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Ravens are the latest team to announce a handful of cuts, reducing their roster from 90 players to 82. Baltimore will have to make at least seven more roster moves before tomorrow afternoon’s deadline to ensure its roster is down to 75 players.
Here are the players who were waived by the club today, according to a press release:
- Leon Brown, G
- DeAndre Carter, WR
- Tramain Jacobs, CB
- Marcel Jones, G/T
- Justin Manton, P
- Aldrick Robinson, WR
- Patrick Scales, LS
- Trent Steelman, WR
- Victor Hampton, DB
- Marcel Jones, OT
- Quinton Pointer, DB
- Allen Reisner, TE
- Bryn Renner, QB
- Konrad Reuland, TE
- Kiero Small, FB
- Zach Thompson, DE
- Keith Wenning, QB
Several of those players spent time on Baltimore’s taxi squad, but Renner is a new addition to Baltimore after going undrafted last year. The QB was initially signed by Denver as a UDFA before being cut in late August.
We rounded up the first wave of practice squad additions in a series of posts by division yesterday, which you can check out on our Transactions page. Several more teams have announced new practice squad players today, or made slight changes to their units, so we’ll round up that news right here:
- The 49ers have filled out their practice squad by adding cornerback Chance Casey and running back Kendall Gaskins, the team announced in a press release.
- The Browns have added wide receiver Charles Johnson and offensive lineman Karim Barton to their practice squad, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal (via Twitter).
- Cornerback Khalid Wooten will be the 10th man on the Titans‘ practice squad, tweets Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.
- The Seahawks have added defensive end Julius Warmsley and defensive back Josh Aubrey to their practice squad, tweets Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
- The Redskins have finalized their practice squad by adding safety Akeem Davis and linebacker Chaz Sutton, the club announced today (Twitter link).
- Cornerback LeQuan Lewis has been added to the Jets‘ practice squad, according to the team (via Twitter).
- The Rams have finalized their practice squad by adding linebacker Denicos Allen, wideout Emory Blake, safety Christian Bryant, and quarterback Garrett Gilbert, per Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via Twitter). That means Michael Sam isn’t among the 10 players on St. Louis’ squad.
- The addition of Henry Josey to the Jaguars‘ practice squad has officially been announced by the team in a press release. We had noted below that although his signing had been previously reported, Josey wasn’t among the first list of names released by the club.
- The Ravens have announced the signing of offensive lineman Marcel Jones to their practice squad, tweets Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun.
- The following players are now on the Browns‘ practice squad: James Brown, OL; Jacobbi McDaniel, DL; Emmanuel Ogbuehi, TE; Keith Pough, LB; Justin Staples, LB; and Patrick Lewis, C. The first five names are listed on the team’s official site, while the addition of Lewis was reported by Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter).
- Alex Gillett‘s time on the Packers‘ practice squad didn’t last long — he was replaced today by cornerback Jumal Rolle, tweets Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.
- The Buccaneers have signed safety Kimario McFadden, cornerback Derrius Brooks, and linebacker Carlos Fields to their practice squad, according to the team’s official site.
- Katherine Terrell of the New Orleans Times-Picayune provides the last few names to be added to the Saints‘ practice squad: safety Pierre Warren, guard Antoine McClain, nose tackle Lawrence Virgil, and tight end Nic Jacobs.
- The Eagles have signed quarterback G.J. Kinne for their practice squad, per the team’s official site.
- Fullback Nikita Whitlock is the latest addition to the Cowboys‘ practice squad, the team announced today.
- The Vikings filled the final spot on their practice squad by adding cornerback Chris Greenwood, says Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
- Defensive end Zach Thompson is now on the Broncos‘ practice squad, according to the club.
- The Chiefs filled the final opening on their practice squad by signing defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo, reports Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (via Twitter).
- Wide receiver Freddie Martino and tight end Kyle Miller have joined the Falcons‘ practice squad, per the team’s official site.
- One more housekeeping note: Yesterday, running back Henry Josey and fullback Kiero Small were reported as having joined the Jaguars‘ and Browns‘ practice squads, respectively. However, when those teams announced their PS rosters, those players weren’t included. There haven’t been any reports indicating those agreements fell through, so we’ll keep an eye on both situations. For now though, we won’t be including those players in our master list of practice squad rosters, which will be published this afternoon.