Here are the gameday elevations and other minor moves made around the league in advance of Week 8:
- Signed to active roster: WR Andre Baccellia
- Placed on IR: G Elijah Wilkinson
- Elevated: DL Ben Stille, RB Damien Williams,
- Elevated: LB Andre Smith
- Elevated: CB Tevaughn Campbell
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
- Elevated: WR Alex Erickson
Los Angeles Rams
- Elevated: RB Darrell Henderson
New England Patriots
- Elevated: OL Conor McDermott
New York Giants
New York Jets
- Elevated: WR Julio Jones
San Francisco 49ers
- Signed to active roster: CB Eric Garror, DL Jaleel Johnson
- Waived: LB Chance Campbell, CB Shyheim Carter
- Elevated: LB Joe Jones, RB Jonathan Ward
Wilkinson’s loss will be notable for the Cardinals, given his status as an entrenched starter at the left guard spot. The 28-year-old joined Arizona on a one-year deal worth the veteran’s minimum in free agency after stints in Denver, Chicago and Atlanta. Trystan Colon replaced him in the starting lineup in Week 7, and that will likely continue for the time being. Wilkinson will be out for at least four weeks as a result of the IR move.
Ridgeway has been out since Week 1, his Texans debut. The former 49er joined the Texans in a move which allowed him to continue working under head coach DeMeco Ryans. Ridgeway ended last season on IR, so he will be looking for an extended run of availability in his new home. A veteran of 78 games (and 19 starts), he will aim to carve out a rotational role up front.
Peters was brought in by the Seahawks while they were dealing with injury problems at both tackle spots. Blindside blocker Charles Cross has since returned, so Peters’ most familiar spot will not be available if he is to make his Seattle debut on Sunday. The fact the latter is healthy and in game shape does mean, however, that he will be eligible to play in a 19th NFL season.