It’s a done deal. On Wednesday, the Panthers agreed to terms with No. 16 overall pick Brian Burns, a source tells NFL.com’s Tom Pelissero (on Twitter). With that Burns, will report on time and partake in activities on Wednesday.
Burns, a Florida State product, saved his best for last. In 2018, Burns registered ten sacks, 15.5 tackles for a loss, and 52 total stops. In the eyes of the Panthers and at least one other team, he was the best pass rusher left on the board in the middle of the first round.
Here’s the full recap of the Panthers’ 2019 draft class, via PFR’s tracker:
- 1-16: Brian Burns, DE (Florida State): Signed
- 2-37: Greg Little, T (Ole Miss): Signed
- 3-100: Will Grier, QB (West Virginia): Signed
- 4-115: Christian Miller, LB (Alabama): Signed
- 5-154: Jordan Scarlett, RB (Florida): Signed
- 6-212: Dennis Daley, T (South Carolina): Signed
- 7-237: Terry Godwin, WR (Georgia): Signed
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.