Following the Saturday slate of games, we still have four more games this week. Here are the minor moves leading up to the three Sunday games on Christmas Day:
- Signed to active roster: DL Michael Dogbe
- Promoted from practice squad: WR Pharoh Cooper, CB Nate Hairston
- Placed on IR: CB Byron Murphy
Los Angeles Rams
- Signed to active roster: DE Earnest Brown IV
- Promoted from practice squad: DB T.J. Carter, DE Brayden Thomas
- Placed on IR: LB Jake Gervase
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Murphy has missed the last five games for the Cardinals while dealing with a back issue, so while it’s not necessarily a further setback for Arizona, the transaction indicates that Murphy will miss the rest of the season before going into free agency. With Murphy absent, the Cardinals have started veteran Antonio Hamilton across from Marco Wilson.
Since losing starting running back Javonte Williams to injured reserve and waiving Melvin Gordon, the Broncos have utilized a combination of Marlon Mack, Latavius Murray, and a pinch of Edmonds. Edmonds was sent to Denver in a trade that sent star pass rusher Bradley Chubb to Miami. He only recorded four rushing attempts in two games with the Broncos before being placed on IR with an ankle injury. Edmonds will return to help back up Murray and Mack in the team’s final three games of the season.