Here are today’s minor transactions from around the league:
- Placed on PUP: DL John Penisini
- Signed: TE Darrell Daniels, TE Daniel Helm
- Placed on PUP: CB Emmanuel Moseley
- Waived: TE Derrick Deese
Green Bay Packers
- Released: DE Demone Harris
Kansas City Chiefs
- Activated from PUP: DL Tershawn Wharton
Las Vegas Raiders
- Waived: LB Kana’i Mauga
New England Patriots
- Waived: WR Ed Lee
New Orleans Saints
- Signed: G Tommy Kraemer
- Claimed off waivers (from Packers): G Chuck Filiaga
- Placed on IR: LB Andrew Dowell
- Waived/injured: T Scott Lashley
- Signed: CB Isaiah Dunn, S Trenton Thompson
- Placed on IR: CB Cory Trice
- Waived/injured: RB Alfonzo Graham
Moseley reportedly had a small clean-up procedure on his knee the other day as he continues to come back from last year’s ACL tear. According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, it doesn’t appear to be a major setback, and head coach Dan Campbell expects Moseley back on Monday.
The news on Harris’s retirement comes from KPRC 2’s Aaron Wilson, who reports that the two sides “are parting ways as (Harris) plans to retire.” If this is truly the end of the road for Harris, then the transaction puts a cap on a five-year career that saw Harris rack up 11 total tackles, two tackles for loss, and three quarterback hits in the NFL.
Turk was urgently brought on as an undrafted rookie out of Oklahoma to compete with free agent addition Jake Bailey, formerly with the Patriots. The punter competition may be over quickly as Bailey is the only punter on the roster now.
Trice, the Steelers’ first of two seventh-round picks this year, suffered a non-contact injury at camp yesterday. His placement on injured reserve indicates that his rookie season has unfortunately come to an end before it had the chance to begin.