Listed below are the Sunday roster moves for the four AFC South teams. Following the 53-man roster cutdown deadline yesterday, many teams will make slight tweaks to their rosters, claiming players off waivers or signing guys who clear waivers. Those transactions are noted below.
Additionally, as of 11:00am CT today, teams can begin constructing their 10-man practice squads. For the 2014 and 2015 seasons, changes were made to practice squad rules that allow teams to carry eight players instead of 10, and the eligibility requirements for those extra two spots were also loosened. You can check out our glossary entry on practice squads to brush up on those changes, as well as all the other guidelines that govern the 10-man units, whose players practice with the team but aren’t eligible to suit up on Sundays.
Here are Sunday’s AFC South transactions, which will continue to be updated throughout the day:
- Acquired via trade: Ryan Mallett, QB (link)
- Signed: Danieal Manning, S (link)
- Claimed off waivers: Jeff Adams, T (via Mike Garafolo on Twitter), Damaris Johnson, WR (via Les Bowen on Twitter); Darryl Morris, CB (via Ian Rapoport on Twitter)
- Cut (officially announced): Chris Clemons, S (link); Case Keenum, QB (via Tania Ganguli on Twitter); Anthony McClung, WR (released with injury settlement, via Aaron Wilson on Twitter); Mike Thomas, WR (via Rapoport on Twitter); Josh Victorian, CB (via Wilson on Twitter)
- Placed on injured reserve: Will Yeatman (via James Palmer on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad: Travis Labhart, WR (via David Nuno on Twitter); Keith Browner, DE; Max Bullough, ILB; Anthony Denham, TE; Matt Feiler, OT; James Ferentz, C; Alex Kupper OG; EZ Nwachukwu, WR; Toben Opurum, FB; Marcus Williams, CB.
- Claimed off waivers: A.Q. Shipley, C (via Adam Caplan on Twitter)
- Cut: Thomas Austin, C (via Caplan on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Tyler Hoover, T; Andrew Jackson, ILB; Ryan Lankford, WR; Josh Lenz, WR; Jeff Mathews, QB; Dewey McDonald, S; Nnamdi Obukwelu, DT; Sheldon Price, CB; Erik Swoope, TE; Josh Walker, G
- Claimed off waivers: Mickey Shuler, TE (via Ryan O’Halloran on Twitter)
- Cut: Marcel Jensen, TE (via Aaron Wilson on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Cody Booth, T; DeAndre Coleman, DT; Henry Josey, RB (via Adam Caplan on Twitter); Craig Loston, S; Stephen Morris, QB; Kerry Taylor, WR; Tony Washington, WR; Marcus Whitfield, LB. The team has also added cornerback Peyton Thompson, reports Michael DiRocco (via Twitter), although the team has not officially announced the signing.
- Claimed off waivers: Kris Durham, WR (via team release); T.J. Graham, WR (via Adam Caplan on Twitter); Brandon Harris, CB (via team release)
- Cut: Michael Preston, WR (via Jim Wyatt on Twitter); Steve Vallos, C (via team release); Khalid Wooten, DB (via team release); Patrick Bailey, LB (via Jim Wyatt on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Antonio Andrews, RB (via John Glennon on Twitter); Chigbo Anunoby, DL (via team release); Brandon Copeland, LB (via Wyatt on Twitter); Justin McCray, OL (via team release); Will Poehls, T (via Wyatt on Twitter); Rico Richardson, WR (via Wyatt on Twitter); Ri’Shard Anderson, CB (via Wyatt on Twitter); Dontay Moch, LB; Orson Charles, TE (via Wyatt on Twitter).