Wednesday’s minor NFL transactions:
- The Seahawks waived long snapper Nolan Frese, who appeared in all 16 of their regular-season games a year ago. An ankle injury kept the then-rookie out of action for the Seahawks’ two playoff contests, and Tyler Ott took over in Frese’s stead. Ott will again grab the reins with Frese out of the picture.
- The Jaguars added running back Tyler Gaffney, who’s on his third club since Carolina used a sixth-round pick on him in 2014. The ex-Stanford rusher hadn’t caught on anywhere since New England cut him in March, which wasn’t the first time the Patriots parted with him. Gaffney was with the Pats in each of the previous three summers, though he failed to crack their season-opening roster in any of those years. He vacillated between the Pats’ active roster and practice squad last season.
- The Panthers signed cornerback Devonte Johnson and waived wide receiver Cameron Posey. Johnson signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in May 2016, and the former Weber State corner went on to spend time on their practice squad last year. He then had a brief stint with the Steelers this offseason. Posey, meanwhile, had only been a Panther since mid-June. He joined them as an undrafted free agent from Purdue.
- The Buccaneers signed wide receiver Shaq Hill and waived recently added rookie wideout Jhajuan Seales. Hill was a Texan for a short period during the spring, when he signed with them as an undrafted free agent out of Eastern Washington. Seales will now look for his third team since going undrafted from Oklahoma State. He initially signed with the Bears, who cut him, and then hooked on with the Bucs this past weekend. The union proved to be fleeting.
- The Colts signed offensive tackle and Arturo Uzdavinis and waived fellow OT Jerry Ugokwe. Uzdavinis is up to his sixth club since he went undrafted from Tulane a year ago, having previously been with the Texans, Bears, Jaguars, Lions and Vikings. Ugokwe’s time with the Colts is up after nearly three months. The undrafted rookie from William & Mary inked a deal with them May 4.
- The Eagles cut cornerback Randall Goforth after reaching an injury settlement. Goforth, a rookie UDFA from UCLA, suffered a season-ending ACL tear last week.