Today’s minor moves:
- Designated for return from IR: RB Chase Brown
Green Bay Packers
- Signed off Patriots practice squad: RB Patrick Taylor
- Designated for return from IR: S Darnell Savage Jr.
- Waived: DB Dallin Leavitt
New York Giants
New York Jets
- Waived: DT Tanzel Smart
- Promoted: LB Ben VanSumeren
- Designated for return from IR: S Coby Bryant
- Signed off Bears practice squad: DE Jalen Harris
- Placed on IR: DL Efe Obada
- Waived from IR: CB Troy Apke
The Packers will soon be getting some reinforcement on defense, as the team designated safety Darnell Savage Jr. for return from injured reserve today. The defensive back has missed the last four games while recovering from a calf injury. The former first-round pick started all six of his appearances to begin the season, collecting 34 tackles. The fifth-year starter will provide the Packers with a welcome boost when he inevitably returns to the field.
It seems like Green Bay is already preparing for Savage’s return, as the team moved on from another defensive back. Dallin Leavitt spent the past year-plus with the Packers, with the veteran joining the organization following a four-year stint with the Raiders to begin his career. Leavitt got into all 17 games for the Packers in 2022, with all of his snaps coming on special teams. The veteran has seen a handful of defensive snaps in 2023, collecting two tackles in 10 games.