Here’s a look at some of the notable workouts from around the league this week:
- After six years with the Raiders, running back Jalen Richard is searching for a new home. This week saw the 28-year-old workout with the Lions and Steelers, according to Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network and Field Yates of ESPN. Richard has seen his production drop off drastically over the past two seasons, but has shown potential as a backup in the past topping out at 607 rushing yards in a season.
- The Steelers weren’t only looking at Richard, according to Yates. He reported that Pittsburgh also worked out former Giants running back Wayne Gallman. Gallman spent last season with the Falcons and Vikings after recording a 682-yard rushing season in New York, but couldn’t find a role with either team. The Steelers look to be trying to find some depth to compete behind starter Najee Harris.
- Another veteran searching for a new home, cornerback T.J. Carrie worked out with the Saints today, according to Yates. Carrie has found a strong role as a rotation cornerback over the years with the Raiders, Browns, and Colts. The Saints have a lot of youth at the top of their depth chart with second-year player Paulson Adebo and rookie Alontae Taylor favored to start opposite Marshon Lattimore. Perhaps the Saints are looking to add more veteran depth the room.
- The 49ers ended up signing Willie Snead today, but his workout today featured another veteran wide receiver, according to Yates. Former Jaguars wide receiver Dede Westbrook was apparently in competition with Snead for a roster spot that ended up going to Snead. Westbrook’s numbers have suffered greatly since tearing his ACL early in 2020. He’ll likely keep auditioning with teams in hopes of working his way back.
- After nabbing a Super Bowl ring with the Rams last year, cornerback Donte Deayon has been trying to find his way onto another roster. He worked out alongside three other defensive backs in Washington earlier this week, according to Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post. Apparently they were all competing for a roster spot that ended up going to De’Vante Bausby. Deayon will have to continue searching for his third NFL team.