Today’s minor moves:
- The Chiefs exchanged UDFA corners, signing rookie Malcolm Jackson and cutting Vernon Harris, Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star reports. A Dartmouth product, Harris caught on with the Chiefs just after the draft. Jackson played at Division I-FCS Charleston Southern.
- Wide receiver Titus Davis left the Jets on Saturday, the team announced (on Twitter). To take his place on the roster, Gang Green claimed wideout Chris King from the Falcons. The Jets did not cut Davis; he left by his own choosing, per NJ.com’s Darryl Slater (on Twitter). The team signed Davis to a reserve/futures contract in January after keeping the 2015 UDFA on the practice squad for much of last season. A Duquesne product, King hit waivers on Friday.
- The Buccaneers waived offensive lineman Caylin Hauptmann, the team announced on its Twitter account. The Bucs, after signing Hauptmann earlier this week, waived him with a “left squad” designation, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times tweets.
- The Colts signed punter Michael Palardy, tweets ESPN.com’s Mike Wells. The special teamer had previously spent time with the Panthers and Ravens. Palardy will presumably provide some competition for incumbent Pat McAfee, who has spent the past seven seasons in Indianapolis.
- To make room for fullback John Kuhn, the Saints have waived-injured defensive lineman D.J. Pettway, according to The Advocate’s Nick Underhill on Twitter. Following a tumultuous tenure at Alabama, Pettway joined the Saints as an undrafted free agent.
- The Seahawks have signed fullback/tight end Joe Sommers, reports NFL.com’s Mike Garafolo (via Twitter). The former UW-Oshkosh standout joined Chicago as an undrafted free agent, but he was waived by the Bears earlier this week.