The Montreal Alouettes are feeling very good about Michael Sam‘s progress and Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com (Twitter link) would be very surprised if he doesn’t make his CFL debut Friday night. Sam left the CFL team for personal reasons over the summer but recently returned to practice. Here’s more from around the NFL..
- Despite talk and speculation to the contrary, there’s nothing going on between the Texans and running back Chris Johnson, Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com (on Twitter) hears from a source. Johnson, who survived a drive-by shooting earlier this year, has gone unsigned so far this offseason.
- Following a collision with a blocking sled, DeSean Jackson has been diagnosed with a separated shoulder, and the Washington wideout is expected to miss “a few weeks,” per Dianna Marie Russini of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Jackson should be ready to go for the regular season, so he figures to remain on the active roster.
- The Ravens didn’t immediately sign ex-Niner Chris Cook following his workout with the team today, but it’s clear Baltimore is still considering adding a veteran cornerback, tweets Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun.
- Bears rookie wide receiver Kevin White could start the year on the PUP list, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter). White, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2015 draft, reportedly expects to begin running on his injured shin early next week.
- Joel Corry of CBSSports.com passes along a couple more details on DeAndre Levy‘s extension with the Lions, tweeting that the deal drops the linebacker’s base salary to $3.5MM in 2015, but he’ll receive a $12MM signing bonus.