Teams have until 3pm Tuesday to slash their rosters from 80 to 53 players. Here are the Monday moves teams are making en route to doing so. The list will be updated throughout the day.
- Waived: C Jimmy Murray
- Waived: OL Jacob Capra, DE Daniel Joseph, DB Jordan Miller, OL Tanner Owen, WR Neil Pau’u, DB Josh Thomas
- Placed on IR: DE Chris Odom (story)
- Released: WR Javon Wims
- Waived: WR Ja’Marcus Bradley, DT Glen Logan, S Jovante Moffatt, T Ben Petrula, DE Curtis Weaver
- Waived: CB Bless Austin, LB Jeremiah Gemmel, OL Sebastian Gutierrez, RB JaQuan Hardy
- Waived/injured: CB Donnie Lewis
- Released: QB Tim Boyle
- Waived: CB Mark Gilbert, WR Tom Kennedy, WR Kalil Pimpleton, CB Saivion Smith
- Released from IR via injury settlement: WR Chester Rogers
- Waived: QB Jack Coan
- Released: S Rudy Ford, K.C. McDermott
- Waived: LB Tyrell Adams, DL Auzoyah Alufohai, RB Ryquell Armstead, CB Benjie Franklin, DB Brandon Rusnak, LB Chapelle Russell, OL Badara Traore
Los Angeles Chargers
- Released: OL Adam Pankey
- Waived: OL Blaise Andries, DL Owen Carney Jr., RB Gerrid Doaks, CB Elijah Hamilton, LB Darius Hodge, DT Niles Scott, RB ZaQuandre White, CB Quincy Wilson
- Placed on IR: LB Calvin Munson
- Waived/injured: CB D’Angelo Ross
- Released: CB Tye Smith
- Placed on IR: WR Olabisi Johnson (story), DL T.Y. McGill
- Waived: WR Myron Mitchell, T Timon Parris
New York Giants
- Waived: DB Yusuf Corker, WR Keelan Doss, DB Olaijah Griffin, OL Josh Rivas, K Ryan Santoso, OL Eric Smith, WR Travis Toivonen
New York Jets
- Waived: DE Bradlee Anae, WR Irvin Charles, CB Javelin Guidry, WR Calvin Jackson Jr., RB La’Mical Perine, LB Del’Shawn Phillips, QB Chris Streveler
- Waived: CB Josh Blackwell, QB Carson Strong, OL Cameron Tom, DT Renell Wren
- Waived/injured: WR Greg Ward
San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Unfortunately the story is light on details, but they do report that the arrest was for an alleged assault all the way back in 2019. Hodge was “charged for hitting a man repeatedly,” but that’s about all they have at the moment. On the surface it doesn’t sound like anything overly serious, but this certainly won’t help the undrafted free agent’s chances of making the team.
The Marshall product had nine tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks in 10 games last year. He was part of a relatively small Bengals UDFA class, and Cincy could use some edge rushing help, so he seemed to have a decent shot initially.
Working in his favor is the fact that this alleged incident happened before his NFL career started, so he won’t be subject to league discipline for it.
The Bengals have signed six undrafted free agents, per a club announcement:
- CB Antonio Phillips (Ball State)
- RB Pooka Williams (Kansas)
- P Drue Chrisman (Ohio State)
- LB Darius Hodge (Marshall)
- WR Riley Lees (Northwestern)
- TE Pro Wells (TCU)
Phillips capped his collegiate career with an All-MAC selection and helped Ball State beat San Jose State for the school’s first bowl game win. All in all, he notched 137 tackles, eight interceptions, and 18 pass deflections in college. Phillips fully expected to be drafted after earning an invite to the combine, but surgery for a herniated lumbar disc held him back. Now, he’ll look to earn his spot on the Bengals’ Week 1 roster.