After adding only four rookies via the draft, the Saints compensated today by signing 13 undrafted free agents. The organization formally announced the following signings:
- Joe Bachie, LB (Michigan State)
- Marquez Callaway, WR (Tennessee)
- Gus Cumberlander, DL (Oregon)
- Tino Ellis, CB (Maryland)
- Blake Gillikin, P (Penn State)
- Juwan Johnson, WR (Oregon)
- Tony Jones Jr., RB (Notre Dame)
- Adrian Magee, OL (Louisiana State)
- Darrin Paulo, OT (Utah)
- Malcolm Roach, DL (Texas)
- Jordan Steckler, G/C (Northern Illinois)
- Calvin Throckmorton, OL (Oregon)
- Keith Washington Jr., CB (West Virginia)
After drafting Michigan center Cesar Ruiz in the first round of the draft, the team made their largest undrafted-free-agent investment in an offensive lineman. Nick Underhill of The Athletic tweets that Oregon’s Calvin Throckmorton will earn $110K in guaranteed money and a $12.5K signing bonus. The team also gave $90K in guaranteed money to Jordan Steckler (per Underhill on Twitter).
On the defensive side of the ball, Texas defensive lineman Malcolm Roach will earn $95K in guaranteed money (via Underhill on Twitter). The versatile defender finished his collegiate career with nine tackles-for-loss and three sacks in 2019.