The Cowboys have most of their draft signings out of the way. Everyone in Dallas’ draft class has agreed to, or signed, their rookie deals, according to David Moore of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter), save for third-round guard Connor McGovern.
The following Cowboys rookies are now in the fold:
- 2-58: Trysten Hill, DT (Central Florida)
- 4-128: Tony Pollard, RB (Memphis)
- 5-158: Michael Jackson, CB (Miami)
- 5-165: Joe Jackson, DE (Miami)
- 6-213: Donovan Wilson, S (Texas A&M)
- 7-218: Mike Weber, RB (Ohio State)
- 7-241: Jalen Jelks, DE (Oregon)
Hill, a 6’2″, 315 pound defensive tackle, left UCF on a sour note and openly complained about his lack of playing time in the team’s Fiesta Bowl loss to LSU. Throughout the year, Hill clashed with coaches and started only once in the team’s eleven regular season games. Still, the Cowboys see big potential in this supersized lineman.
Pollard, meanwhile, offers upside as a runner and as a receiver. Last year, he saw 78 carries out of the backfield and averaged 7.1 yards per try. He also caught 39 passes for 458 yards, showing that he is a multi-talented threat.