We’ve got another big batch of workouts, all courtesy of veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer (on Twitter).
- DT Ricky Walker
New England Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Texans could be looking for specialist help, as they worked out a pair of punters and a longsnapper. Boddy-Calhoun, who worked out for the Vikings, is probably the biggest name on this list. He started at least seven games for the Browns each of the past three seasons, but was released by Houston at final cuts.
The Buccaneers officially signed the following 16 UDFAs on Friday:
- Jalen Allison, CB (North Dakota State)
- Bruce Anderson, RB (North Dakota State)
- Zack Bailey, G (South Carolina)
- Kahzin Daniels, LB (Charleston)
- Lukas Denis, S (Boston College)
- Nick Fitzgerald, QB (Mississippi State)
- Dan Godsil, LS (Indiana)
- Israel Helms, T (Wayne State)
- Anthony Johnson, WR (Buffalo)
- DaMarkus Lodge, WR (Mississippi)
- Dare Odeyingbo, LB (Vanderbilt)
- Brock Ruble, T (Toledo)
- Isaiah Searight, TE (Fordham)
- Cortrelle Simpson, WR (Richmond)
- Malik Taylor, WR (Ferris State)
- Nate Trewyn, C (Wisconsin-Whitewater)
As the Bucs’ press release notes, history suggests that these players will have decent odds of making the final cut. Wide receiver Adam Humphries, running back Peyton Barber, and tight ends Cameron Brate and Antony Auclair all came to Tampa as UDFAs. In every year since 2008, at least one undrafted rookie has made the Buccaneers’ Week 1 roster.
That may be doubly true for defensive tackle Zack Bailey, who received a ~$23K signing bonus, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter).