The Texans have signed all but one member of their seven-prospect draft class, and they’ve added to that crop by inking the following undrafted free agents:
- Jesse Aniebonam, LB (Maryland)
- Derrick Baity, CB (Kentucky)
- D.J. Coker, C (Rhodes College)
- Damarea Crockett, RB (Missouri)
- Jamal Davis, LB (Akron)
- Johnnie Dixon, WR (Ohio State)
- Johnny Dwight, DE (Alabama)
- Javier Edwards, DT (Colorado)
- Austin Exford, S (Appalachian State)
- Karan Higdon, RB (Michigan)
- Albert Huggins, DE (Clemson)
- Chris Johnson, S (North Alabama)
- Tyron Johnson, WR (Oklahoma State)
- Drew Lewis, LB (Colorado)
- Ira Lewis, DE (Baylor)
- Stephen Louis, WR (North Carolina State)
- Chase Middleton, LB (Georgia State)
- Walter Palmore, DT (Missouri)
- Malcolm Pridgeon, G (Ohio State)
- Dexter Wright, LB (North Carolina State)
Higdon could have a path to a roster spot in Houston. The Texans used a seventh-round pick on Texas A&M running back Cullen Gillaspia, but the only other running backs competing for time behind starter Lamar Miller are D’Onta Foreman (who saw only seven carries in 2018 while recovering from a torn Achilles), Josh Ferguson, and Buddy Howell.
The Texans gave significant guarantees to several of their UDFAs, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. Higdon received a $45 base salary and a $5K signing bonus, Crockett got a $35K base salary guarantee with a $10K signing bonus, and Pridgeon received a $35K base salary with an $8K signing bonus.
Huggins received a $35K base salary guarantee with a $5K signing bonus, Palmore got a $30K base salary guarantee with a $10K signing bonus and Davis will collect a $30K base salary guarantee with a $7K signing bonus.
Chris Johnson received a $25K base salary guarantee and a $10K signing bonus, Tyron Johnson got a $30K base salary guarantee and a $5K signing bonus, and Dixon will collect a $40K base salary guarantee and a $10K signing bonus.