The Patriots have announced the cuts that bring them down to 53, including the waiving of Aaron Dobson.
Dobson, 25, is a former second-round pick, but he hasn’t done much since joining New England in 2013. In three seasons with the club, the Marshall product has only posted 53 receptions for less than 700 yards. Most of that production came during his rookie season, as Dobson has put up only 16 catches during the past two years. Entering the final year of his rookie deal, Dobson was set to earn about $872K in base salary.
Here’s the list of Patriots cuts so far today:
- WR Aaron Dobson
- S Vinnie Sunseri (Twitter link via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald)
- WR DeAndre Carter (Twitter link via Kyed)
- WR Keshawn Martin (Twitter link via Kyed)
- RB Tyler Gaffney (waived/injured)
- DT Marcus Kuhn
- CB Cre’Von LeBlanc (Twitter link via Kyed)
- LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (Twitter link via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com)
- LB Kevin Snyder (waived/injured, Twitter link via Kyed)
- DT Woodrow Hamilton (Twitter link via Kyed)
- RB/FB Joey Iosefa (Twitter link via Kyed)
- G Jon Halapio (Twitter link via Kyed)
- CB Darryl Roberts (waived/injured)
- WR Chris Harper (Twitter link via Field Yates of ESPN.com)
- OG Chris Barker (via Howe on Twitter)
- DE Geneo Grissom
- LB Rufus Johnson
- DL Joe Vellano
- WR Devin Lucien
- TE Bryce Williams
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.