Here are Thursday’s minor moves:
- Waived from IR via injury settlement: WR Denzel Mims
Green Bay Packers
- Waived from IR via injury settlement: OL Jake Hanson
- Signed: OL Keaton Sutherland
- Placed on IR: OL Kilian Zierer
Las Vegas Raiders
- Waived from IR via injury settlement: T Brandon Parker
New York Giants
- Waived from IR via injury settlement: OL Devery Hamilton
- Re-signed: T Fred Johnson
- Signed: DT Anthony Montalvo
The Lions made a minor trade for Mims earlier this month, ending the former second-round pick’s unremarkable Jets tenure. But Mims struggled to catch on in Detroit as well. The Baylor alum is now headed toward free agency, should no one claim him. The Lions waived Mims with an injury designation, due to the fourth-year wideout encountering multiple ailments.
Parker landed on IR earlier this month. The Raiders will cut their former third-round pick loose. Depending on the terms of the settlement, Parker could return to the Raiders later this year. The sixth-year veteran could also land elsewhere, as this transaction will move him off Las Vegas’ IR. But the 32-game Raiders starter missed all of last season due to injury and moved out of the right tackle competition via injury once again this year.
The Eagles have circled back to Johnson quickly. After cutting the fifth-year veteran Wednesday, the defending NFC champions have him back in the fold on a two-year contract. The 26-year-old lineman had recently been promoted to second-team left tackle. Johnson started eight games for the Bengals from 2019-21.