Here are Tuesday’s minor 53-man roster moves from around the NFL:
- The Vikings will sign tackle J’Marcus Webb once Phil Loadholt is placed on IR, according to Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press (on Twitter). Webb was brought in for a workout today along with Eric Winston.
- Per Howard Balzer of the SportsXchange (via Twitter), the Rams have tweaked their 53-man roster, cutting wide receiver Damian Williams and promoting tight end Justice Cunningham from their practice squad.
- The Giants have confirmed their signing of Terrell Manning (noted below), waiving linebacker Justin Anderson to make the move official, tweets ESPN.com’s Dan Graziano.
- According to the Dolphins (Twitter link), cornerback Jalil Brown has been cut to make room for R.J. Stanford, whose signing is noted below.
- The Titans have swapped one offensive lineman for another, placing starting center Brian Schwenke on injured reserve and signing interior lineman Eric Olsen to replace him, says Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean (Twitter links). Presumably, Chris Spencer, who replaced Schwenke on Sunday after the second-year starter suffered a knee injury, will be the starting center going forward, with Olsen providing depth.
- The Dolphins have added a cornerback, according to agent David Canter, who tweets that his client R.J. Stanford has signed with Miami. The move has yet to be announced by the team, so it’s not clear yet what the corresponding cut will be, but there’s a decent chance that it could involve Jamar Taylor landing on injured reserve — the cornerback left Sunday’s game with a shoulder injury and at least one report indicated it could end his season.
- We heard earlier today that Chargers center Rich Ohrnberger was expected to miss the rest of the season with a back injury, and the team has confirmed as much, announcing in a press release that Ohrnberger has been placed on injured reserve. San Diego has promoted linebacker Cordarro Law from the club’s practice squad to the active roster to fill the newly-created opening.
- The Bengals announced another team’s roster move today, tweeting that linebacker Terrell Manning had been signed off their practice squad by the Giants. For their part, the Giants haven’t yet made the signing official by announcing a corresponding move.
- Washington has released linebacker Akeem Jordan from its injured reserve list, making him a free agent, tweets Zac Boyer of the Washington Times.