The Cowboys now have all but one of their nine 2018 draft choices signed. Headlined by linebacker Leighton Vander Esch, Dallas reached agreements with everyone but third-round wide receiver Michael Gallup on Friday, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports. Here’s the full list of signees:
- 1-19: Leighton Vander Esch, LB (Boise State)
- 2-50: Connor Williams, G (Texas)
- 4-116: Dorance Armstrong, DE (Kansas)
- 4-137: Dalton Schultz, TE (Stanford)
- 5-171: Mike White, QB (Western Kentucky)
- 6-193: Chris Covington, LB (Indiana)
- 6-208: Cedrick Wilson, WR (Boise State)
- 7-236: Bo Scarbrough, RB (Alabama)
The structure of the Boise State product’s contract slightly held up the team’s proceedings with its top draft investment, per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Clarence Hill (Twitter link), but he’s now signed up. Vander Esch will earn approximately $11.847MM and collect a $6.696MM signing bonus.
Vander Esch met with numerous teams that held picks in the middle of the first round, and despite needs at both pass-catching positions, the Cowboys selected the Mountain West Conference standout. Connor Williams also didn’t play a position of dire need, given Dallas’ three All-Pro linemen, but he’s now in the mix for the team’s left guard spot.
Despite being unsigned, Gallup is working out at the Cowboys’ rookie minicamp on Friday. Many third-round picks around the league have yet to sign. This is an annual tradition due to the CBA’s gray area regarding third-rounders’ compensation.