Let’s take a look at the details of a few recently-signed contracts:
- Jason McCourty, CB (Patriots): Two years, $10MM. Maximum value of $11MM. $6MM paid out in 2019 (Twitter link via Tom Pelissero of NFL.com). $5.5MM guaranteed. Team option for 2020; roster bonus of $500K due if option exercised (Twitter link via Nick Underhill of the Advocate).
- Daryl Williams, T (Panthers): One year, $6MM. $3MM signing bonus. $2.25MM base salary. $750K in per-game roster bonuses. Can earn $500K by making the Pro Bowl (Twitter link via Joe Person of The Athletic).
- Marcedes Lewis, TE (Packers): One year, $2.1MM. Maximum value of $2.35MM (per Pelissero).
- Brandon Mebane, DT (Chargers): Two years, $9.3MM. $5.25MM guaranteed (per Pelissero).
- Kevin Johnson, CB (Bills): One year, $3MM. $400K signing bonus. $2MM base salary. Per-game roster bonus and workout bonus of $300K each (Twitter link via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com).
- Bradley Pinion, P (Buccaneers): Four years, $11MM. $3.6MM guaranteed (Twitter link via Greg Auman of The Athletic).
- Zach Zenner, RB (Lions): One year, $805K. $250K guaranteed. $150K signing bonus (Twitter link via Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com).