Listed below are the Sunday roster moves for the four AFC East teams. Following the 53-man roster cutdown deadline yesterday, many teams will make slight tweaks to their rosters, claiming players off waivers or signing guys who clear waivers. Those transactions are noted below.
Additionally, as of 11:00am CT today, teams can begin constructing their 10-man practice squads. For the 2014 and 2015 seasons, changes were made to practice squad rules that allow teams to carry eight players instead of 10, and the eligibility requirements for those extra two spots were also loosened. You can check out our glossary entry on practice squads to brush up on those changes, as well as all the other guidelines that govern the 10-man units, whose players practice with the team but aren’t eligible to suit up on Sundays.
Here are Sunday’s AFC East transactions, which will continue to be updated throughout the day:
- Claimed off waivers (officially announced): Brandian Ross, S (via Adam Beasley on Twitter); Sammy Seamster, CB (via Aaron Wilson on Twitter)
- Cut: Don Jones, S (via Beasley on Twitter); Damian Williams, WR (via Beasley on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Sam Brenner, C (via Wilson on Twitter); Jacob Maxwell, TE (via Dave Birkett on Twitter); Tommy Streeter, WR (via Armando Salguero on Twitter), Matt Hazel, WR; Tony Hills, OT; David Hinds, LB; Seth Lobato, QB, D’Aundre Reed, DE; Lowell Rose, CB; Garrison Smith, DT
New England Patriots:
New York Jets:
- Claimed off waivers: Leon McFadden, CB (via Rand Getlin on Twitter)
- Cut: LeQuan Lewis, CB (via Manish Mehta on Twitter)
- Signed to practice squad (officially announced): Matt Simms, QB (via Seth Walder on Twitter), Daryl Richardson, RB; Chris Pantale, TE; Brent Qvale, OT; Tevita Finau, DL; Kerry Hyder, DL; Rontez Miles, S.