More clarity arrived regarding Vikings long snapper Austin Cutting‘s status recently, and the seventh-round pick agreed to terms on his rookie deal, according to Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press (on Twitter).
Cutting’s commitment to the Air Force Academy had left his status in limbo for a while this offseason, but he has been cleared to play. This marks the last of 2019’s Day 3 draft choices to agree to the terms of his rookie contract. Cutting’s deal is for four years and $2.59MM.
Cutting will serve a two-year military commitment but will be allowed to play for the Vikings, with Tomasson tweeting the arrangement will allow the Air Force product to live in Minnesota during that time. Cutting will serve as a first-year recruiting lieutenant, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic tweets.
It is not a given this year’s No. 250 overall pick will make Minnesota’s roster, despite being the rare long snapper draft choice. Kevin McDermott has served as the Vikings’ deep snapper since 2015. McDermott, 29, is signed through 2020.
Here is the Vikings’ 2019 draft class:
- 1-18: Garrett Bradbury, C (North Carolina State): Signed
- 2-50: Irv Smith Jr., TE (Alabama): Signed
- 3-102: Alexander Mattison, RB (Boise State): Signed
- 4-114: Dru Samia, G (Oklahoma): Signed
- 5-162: Cameron Smith, LB (USC): Signed
- 6-190: Armon Watts, DT (Arkansas): Signed
- 6-191: Marcus Epps, DB (Wyoming): Signed
- 6-193: Oli Udoh, T (Elon): Signed
- 7-217: Kris Boyd, CB (Texas): Signed
- 7-239: Dillon Mitchell, WR (Oregon): Signed
- 7-247: Olabisi Johnson, WR (Colorado State): Signed
- 7-250: Austin Cutting, LS (Air Force): Signed