Today’s minor moves:
- The Browns have claimed tight end Chase Ford off waivers from the Ravens, as Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun tweets. Ford inked his restricted free agent tender with Baltimore a few weeks ago but his $1.671MM salary was non-guaranteed.
- The Ravens announced (on Twitter) that they have waived tight end Harold Spears. That now makes two tight ends waived by Baltimore in the last two days.
- The Vikings announced (on Twitter) that they have waived linebackers Terrance Plummer and Alex Singleton.
- The Broncos have waived defensive end George Uko, as Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post writes. Uko joined Denver’s practice squad in September 2015 and inked a reserve/future deal with the team following SB50. Prior to joining up with Denver’s taxi squad, Uko had one NFL appearance with the Bucs on his resume.
- The Colts announced that exclusive rights free agent safety Akeem Davis has signed his tender. Davis, a Memphis product, has played in 19 NFL games over the course of his career with New Orleans, Seattle, Indianapolis, and Washington. In college, Davis registered 162 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, three interceptions, 2.5 sacks, five forced fumbles, and seven fumble recoveries over the years for the Tigers.
- Raiders restricted free agent offensive tackle Matt McCants and ERFA defensive lineman Shelby Harris inked their tenders, as Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun tweets.
- The Chargers waived quarterback Brad Sorensen, as Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets. Sorensen was waived with a non-football injury designation.