September 2nd, 2020 at 3:42pm CST by Zachary Links
We’ll keep track of today’s minor moves here:
- Acquired via trade: 2021 7th-Round Pick (from Giants)
New York Giants
New York Jets
- Signed: RB Pete Guerriero
- Waived: LB B.J. Bello, DL Sterling Johnson
San Francisco 49ers
August 18th, 2020 at 4:29pm CST by Sam Robinson
Here are Tuesday’s minor moves, with the list being updated throughout the afternoon.
- Waived/injured: DE George Obinna
Las Vegas Raiders
November 12th, 2019 at 8:34pm CST by Ben Levine
Here’s the latest from around the league’s workout circuit:
New York Giants
- RB George Aston, WR Alex Bachman, WR Jonathan Duhart, LS Dan Godsil, LB Dewayne Hendrix, LS Colin Holba, OT Pace Murphy, P Ryan Santoso, LS Drew Scott, CB Arrion Springs, K Tristan Vizcaino, WR Papi White, LB Jamell Garcia-Williams
October 30th, 2019 at 8:01pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s workout updates, all courtesy of Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle:
New England Patriots
October 23rd, 2019 at 7:09pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s workout updates:
New Orleans Saints
September 7th, 2019 at 9:33pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg
We’ve got another big batch of workouts, all courtesy of veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer (on Twitter).
New England Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Texans could be looking for specialist help, as they worked out a pair of punters and a longsnapper. Boddy-Calhoun, who worked out for the Vikings, is probably the biggest name on this list. He started at least seven games for the Browns each of the past three seasons, but was released by Houston at final cuts.
August 31st, 2019 at 10:08pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg
The Chiefs announced the following moves to get down to an initial 53-man roster. Probably the most surprising move was the release of veteran guard Jeff Allen. The Chiefs drafted Allen in the second-round back in 2012, and he started four games for them last year. He’s made 80 career appearances, with 66 starts.
Here are the rest of the cuts:
Placed on injured reserve:
Placed on non-football injury list:
October 23rd, 2018 at 3:24pm CST by Zachary Links
We’ll keep track of today’s practice squad moves here:
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
September 3rd, 2018 at 9:20pm CST by Sam Robinson
As Week 1 practices are underway, here’s the latest from the workout circuit:
- The Giants appear to envy the Raiders’ roster depth. After adding Mario Edwards and cornerback Antonio Hamilton, Big Blue will work out Raiders 2017 fourth-round tackle David Sharpe, Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal tweets. Sharpe’s shed 30 pounds this offseason, per Gehlken. He played in five games and started two as a rookie. The Giants will also audition former Broncos cornerback Michael Hunter, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter). These workouts will take place Tuesday.
- Hunter was part of a four-cornerback contingent that auditioned for the Texans on Labor Day, with veteran NFL reporter Howard Balzer tweeting Hunter, Breon Borders, Chris Campbell and Jalen Myrick took part in the Monday showcase. Of this quartet, only Myrick has NFL experience. He played five games as a Texan last season.
- Dan Bailey appears to have a good chance to be the Jets‘ next kicker, but in the event the team doesn’t sign him, an insurance option is coming to the Big Apple for a workout. Matt McCrane will kick for Jets brass on Wednesday, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweets. The Cardinals cut McCrane last week. Jason Myers currently sits as Gang Green’s kicker, but he may not have a good grip on the job.
- Prior to the Raiders signing Brandon LaFell, they worked out one of their former wideouts. Brice Butler trekked back to Oakland for a Monday workout, Vic Tafur of The Athletic tweets. Although most of Reggie McKenzie‘s draft picks aren’t too popular with Jon Gruden right now, Butler joined the Raiders as a 2013 seventh-round and played sparingly in 2013 and ’14. The Raiders traded him to the Cowboys prior to the 2015 season. Butler did not impress the Cardinals in camp, despite signing a two-year deal this spring.
- The Patriots worked out tight end Stephen Anderson, tackle Eric Smith and wide receiver Jace Billingsley on Monday, Balzer tweets. New England will sign Smith to its practice squad.
- Thinner at wide receiver after losing Marqise Lee, the Jaguars will work out former Giants wideout Kalif Raymond on Tuesday, Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com tweets. The former UDFA mostly served as a Giants return man last season.
- Multiyear Steelers backup Fitzgerald Toussaint visited the Colts on Monday, per Pro Football Talk (on Twitter). The Steelers cut the 28-year-old running back last week after what ended up being a three-year stay.
- Linebacker Jonathan Celestin will work out for the Browns on Tuesday, per NFL Draft Diamonds (Twitter link). The Falcons axed Celestin after the preseason.
- Lastly, the Chiefs auditioned tackle Pace Murphy on Monday, per Balzer.
August 31st, 2018 at 6:41pm CST by Dallas Robinson
The 49ers acquired offensive tackle Shon Coleman earlier this evening, but that wasn’t the only transaction for the club. San Francisco has also begun trimming its roster in advance of Saturday’s roster deadline.
The following players have been cut by the 49ers:
Williams was a fourth-round pick in the 2016 draft, but he’s being pushed off the roster by veterans such as Alfred Morris and Raheem Mostert. Locke lost out in his camp battle with fourth-year punter Bradley Pinion. Robinson has followed 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan to each of his three stops.