The 49ers, who made the league’s first 2019 draft pick signing, got even more deals done to close out the week. The following players are officially in the fold:
- 3-67: Jalen Hurd, WR (Baylor)
- 5-148: Dre Greenlaw, LB (Arkansas)
- 6-176: Kaden Smith, TE (Stanford)
- 6-183: Justin Skule, T (Vanderbilt)
- 6-198: Tim Harris, CB (Virginia)
Hurd, naturally, is the biggest name in the bunch. The wide receiver had an extended journey through the college ranks after spending three years with Tennessee as a running back before transferring to Baylor, where he moved to wide receiver. Hurd had to sit out the 2017 season, but he made up for lost time in 2018 with 69 catches for 946 yards and four touchdowns. He also got some work out of the backfield where he averaged 4.4 yards per carry and added another three TDs.